ahh crap

-

greaserkid

Reaction score
first day i drive my car to school & i already have someone wanting to race

70's s-10 with a semi-built up 350

I think i'm screwed ](*,)

No matter how fast or quick your car is, there's ALWAYS someone with a faster or quicker machine. Just a fact of life, so just grin and say "Oh well" until you can beat HIM. Every dog has his day. :)

Ask him to hold on while your 426 gets out of the shop :---) :lol:

pic4.JPG

350 pickemuptruck maybe a little light in the a$$. You might take him on a short run while he's spinning his wheels!
Hey you old enough to know what your doing racing?
I don't condone young guys street racing. It's a dangerous!

I had one of my buddies got arrested for street racing out here
a couple years ago. There were no traffic tickets he had felony
charges against him because of the speed. It cost him about
$30,000 with the lawyers and court costs. I get that a lot
with "Orangedust", some ying-yang with a rice-burner will want
to race. Takes a lot of will power not to suck 'em up my exhaust
pipes. I did a lot of street racing when I lived in Chicago, but at
the time it was not a felony when you got caught.
TAKE HIM TO THE TRACK!!!
Watch out for the little pick-ups with V-8's in them, my
little Ranger with a warmed over 302, has put a lot of unsuspecting
idiots on the shelf.

in Chevy lingo Built up is a set of crome valve covers and a 8" tall air filter- I'd say smoke him- some where safe (an empty parking lot in the middle of the night, ect...) back when I used to street race I'd rather race and loose than to punk out and talk sh#$. I only ever lost to the 2 of the new Camaro's when they came out with the LT-1 they were all chipped up and stuff but I lost fair and square.

Young guys will never understand why street racing is a bad idea until they kill a 4 year old little girl out for a bike ride.

Take it to the track, then there wont be any ? who won.I know how those brand X stuff will make excuses about the race. save it for a test and tune or a street car only race at the track.------its not worth racing on the street.

I have faith greaserkid will total his car long before the 360 is ever built. Save your money, that 318 has all the power to kill you. Better yet sign up for a driving school. Find a local AutoX group for class info, should be around $200. Even if you are not into AutoX the class will teach you car control. Car control is very important. A rear wheel drive 400 hp car can get out of line quick. One part of going fast is not having to slow down. That is why a 133 hp stock Miata will kick the crap out of a stock Hemi Cuda an a twisty road. If you think you are a good driver at your age, just remember you are not. It hurts to crash.

good advice from all of you guys to this young man.i personally know some one who was involved in a street race accident that killed some one.take it to the track ! i have three sons and a daughter that goes to the race tracks with me we have a lot of fun watching and soon we will be participating.if some one challenges you on the street let it go talk is just talk and no body gets hurt, if he really wants to race he will go to the track where the spectators are not in the way and there are emergency medics on hand should something go wrong. good luck mopars rule!

What I find amussing is the obvious generation gap!

Us older dawgs now know it's best to go to the track and find it somewhat easier today to turn down a challange.

It's also funny how it seems cars other than a 60's or 70's muscle car always want to race.

These kids in those rice burners send shivers up my spine when I see them driving in built up areas like they're driving through a canyon.

Ahhhhh youth!

Jim

DSC09537.JPG

Here in California the MAN is getting very serious about "street racers". They can loose drivers license, pay big fines and forfit ownership of their car. If someone gets injured or killed you go to prison. Last night 2 Hondas crashed in LA. one car had 5 occupants injured and an old lady was killed when they T-boned her at speed. Just not worth the risk to yourself or others. M

Back in 1987 I lost 5 classmates in my senior year of high school to street racing. Not good. It takes a stong man to say "see you at the track".

That was also the time I had my eye on this '70 Satallite with the 426 but could not afford it. Every year I make more $ but the stupid thing keeps getting more expensive even faster! Don't you hate that?

-LY

Thats why we offer a high school drag night at Wichita International Raceway and the Midnight Drags. Surely over winter ya all can store those urges like the rest of us are gonna have too.

Ive raced a few times on the street, but there were people around or anything, but I'd much rather go to the track because you dont have to worry about getting caught and stuff and you can really tell who wins.

Yes indeed, Keep the racing off the streets and at the drags. Besides I know "I" would rather like the chance to "see" nice wheels go by then blow by. It gives ya a chance to give the dude the thumbs up. :headbang:

Well i agree with all of you that street racing is dangerous and kinda stupid.But in my particular case The nearest dragstrip is over 60 miles away.And the local kids who do race hear (myself included)go out and block off an old farm road with cornfields on either side so we don't hurt anyone except for ourselves.But again i live in the middle of nowhere,not in a big city with people everywhere.So i would say if you have access to a dragstrip, USE IT!!! But if not???Be creative and SAFE!!!

Most of the time when you say "meet me at the track and we'll see whos faster" the other guy will puss out. They are big and tough on the street but when they get to the track they will get all overwhelmed and scared cause theres more real gearheads there than S&!t talking tough guys.
I dont really have any room to talk tho, I got in alot of trouble with a 73 camaro that had a 66 327 that was bored 90 over (that motor didnt last long with a 4 speed and a teenager in it).

My daily driver is a 73 scamp with 3 inch sidepipes a 360 and one hell of a rake to it (ss prings and air shocks) take that and throw a 27 year old in it and you have every import and late 70's camaro trying to race. Just look at them and start laughing at them and their car, shake your head, rev the hell out of your motor, and as soon as the stoplight turns green watch them take off like a bat outta hell, and draw the attention of every cop in a 5 block radius, then you can just drive by at the speed limit and wave at them as they sighn their name on the "yes I would like my insurance to go through the roof" form.

Take it to the track, Its more fun, you will meet some great gearheads, learn stuff, oh an not get busted by the cops or kill someone.

Do you mean C-10 I don't think they made S-10s in the 70s, But I could be wrong.

Get on streetfire.net and see what happens to people when they race on the street.
Just select Street racing and watch some videos.

Some of it is cool, But it is all dangerous. I have a friend that lost the use of his legs when I was in school.

out here the local track is open friday nights for street racing you have to fill out a form and you get a sticker if the cops catch you street racing they pull the sticker and send it back to the track and s.o.l. so keep it off the streets and everyone ends up a winner plus the other idiot is the one that looks like a pansy when they won't meet you at the track where there is no doubt about who actually one the race

-
Back