Ahh HAITES bein' lied to................

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Or bein' "stupidid" to.

So i go to the "swap" AKA "junk and chevy parts" section of "Car d Lane," and there are a set of wheels, that 'cept for offset, would'ha been great, and some Torque Thrust, cept fer bein' chivy would'ha been great,

and then I see this guy, and the "look" says this guy has been here before, and here are these 3 good but filthy old Fenton 15 inchers.

And I say like this:

"What bolt pattern are these?"

"four and a half"

"So, Ford pattern?"

"Yep". So I ride the 'lectrified trike clear home, no small deal in my shape, and load it into the 86 Ranger, and go down to the alley behind the swap area. And I buy these 4 wheels, (one the edge is broke) fer 75 bucks.

an...............I gits home...........and..........I git a 74 Rotor.........and.................

I think maybe the next project is a pocket fold-up 4 1/2 stud gauge.

Attachments

• _MG_6731cs.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 312
  • _MG_6732cs.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 335
These are the best ones to own since you can do wheels as well as studs accurately.

Take the one you need off and take the two tips with you, that way you only have one thing to deal with.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!q4F!-hRHibwBQkC+1gN5g~~60_57.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 299
  • $(KGrHqV,!jMFBkG9Qh5WBQkD!WNqb!~~60_57.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 286
I hate it when I do it to myself. I held onto a pair of Motor Wheel Spyders for at least 20 years before I got an old Mopar I thought they would be 'right' for.

Got them down form the attic, tried to put them on, and guess what??? Yep, they're Chevy wheels! :banghead:

I need one of those gauge sets, too.
Dallas

I guess it happens to everybody. I got a set of daisy americans chevy pattern. Luckily I found adapters for 25.Gonna run them on the rear of the barracuda.

That sort of thing has always been a running joke between me and a car buddy friend of mine when we hit the auto swap meets....

See some wheels or a turbo for sale, whatever.....

I ask the seller: "hey, what does that fit?"

Seller: "Whaddya got?"

Naw naw naw.....it don't work that way! :D:glasses7::finga:

The thing about this, I didn't "lead" him. If I had a Chev, 'er whatever these are, I'd'a walked off with 'em. Maybe I just LOOK like a Mopar owner, LOL

I got burned that way on a pair of chrome Magnum 500's.

Was only $20, so I'm not that mad, plus they have centers.

Spyders are so hard to find, I'm seriously thinking of buying chevy pattern and having a machine shop elongate the holes!

Well, LOL, we "dun better" just now, and it was only about 3 blocks from home!!!! Coming up the road and here's a "garage sale," didn't see much (out front) but then here's these slotted wheels. Asked the guy "Do you know?" He says "4 1/2" So I checked best I could against the spare, and gave him 50 fer all three. They all need polished, no damage to the outside

Attachments

• _MG_6750cs.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 170
  • _MG_6751cs.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 204
Del I may have the 4th one at home to complete that set...yours if ya want it.

Gonna grab me a set of those gauges too!

Del I may have the 4th one at home to complete that set...yours if ya want it.

Gonna grab me a set of those gauges too!

Thanks, Steve, I'll only be using two -- on the front. Assuming the offset fits, of course. I've already got a similar set of 4 ET unilug, but would prefer NOT using unilug. If I can fit, clean, and use these, I'll sell the unilugs

Well, LOL, took 3 tries during the day, with rest b'tween, but I got the raggedy old tires of those wheels. Don't see a thing fer a brand name on em.

The tires are old, rotten. I haven't measured the wheel width, I'd say about 7, lookin' at 'em. I've got some 14's so these are fronts.

-
Back