AI is your new friend !!!

-
I just can't help but feel like AI is that Uncle that's supposed to take you to the baseball game but gives you bad touch in the back of the van instead.

And no, I'm not watching UTG.

Just crazy how fast that artificial intelligence spits out the answers, and explaining things well in the process.

Have heard a little something about this, kind of scary.

Just crazy how fast that artificial intelligence spits out the answers, and explaining things well in the process.

Have heard a little something about this, kind of scary.
Yeah, it answered the 60ft question better than some do here ! Lol
But jos51700 won't see the AI answering car and carb questions, cos he ain't watching no stinkin' Tony !!!

It's like answering the questions with every known possible answer, organizing and prioritizing the answers.

Then the really crazy part, bringing it out in a logical format that humans can read and understand, without offending anybody in the process.

I have heard that converting the answers to human understanding is kind of the long way home, and the AI will just start talking in computer code and keep people out of the loop.

People would not be able to understand it if they tried. And AI is so incredibly fast it would just keep switching it up, because it would have to to protect it's existence.

Yeah we are screwed.

ChatGPT is not a display of "look how smart AI is".

Instead it is a display of "look how well AI can communicate with humans".

This has been a thorn in the side of AI interface for quite some time, as anyone who has "chatted" with an AI "support" portal well knows.

Interestingly you can "program" the interface to respond within a set of defined parameters, and command it to "stay in character" when it responds.
That's a pretty big step for "machine learning" IMO.

Who here is old enough to remember:

Zork

Dr. Sbaitso

Who here is old enough to remember:

Zork

Dr. Sbaitso
Lol, ms-dos. The good doctor sucked big time.
For those who want to be amazed,

If you tried to get it to talk about sex, it would decline, but after a while, it would randomly say "let's talk about sexy stuffs".

WTF is wrong with him?

I think it's a age thing.. i deal with a lot of older customers and they get into this "Anything new is evil and shouldn't exist" Mentality, kind of how a turbo V6 is a horrible idea that can't make power.... for no reason other than it's not a V8 with a carb. You see that kind of thing a lot :)

All this crap is dumbing down society. You don't have to remember anything, or figure anything out. You can already see it in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

ChatGPT is "flavor of the month" and it worked.

LOTS of news and social media coverage.

Forced potentially competing AI projects to public release before ready and a couple have had some BIG goofs.

-
Back