Aint this a laugh? (vehicle registration)

-
here in Wa, I paid a 30$ one time fee (car had to be currently registered though) and as far as I know, it does not expire.... you can not use it as a "daily driver" but, you can drive it for "occasional pleasure use" .. I suppose as long as you do a burnout or at least accelerate quick at least once and get a smile on your face, that is "pleasure use" !!

Here in South Dakota anything over 25 years old can get antique plates for a one time fee of $10, then get it registered under year of manufacture plates(we have to come up with those ourselves). That lasts as long as you want. It is supposed to be only to car shows, parades, etc. But I have known people that drove a firetruck with antique plates to church then sit on the back of the firetruck after church and drink beer with the deputy sheriff and have know people that drive antique plates daily back and forth to work.
I just dropped my antique plates on the Dart because I wasn't sure if the weekly cruises were covered and didn't want to put up with the run around of asking and never getting a definite answer. I went with personalized plates that run around $70 a year.

In Virginia, I got 66 plates reissued for my Valiant. it cost me a one time fee of $75.00. They never expire, and you do not have to get a state inspection either. Supposedly you aren't supposed to drive them everyday, but who watches? There are quite a few around here that are driven everyday, with vintage plates.

-
Back