air bags

-

sorewrist1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 71 swinger with front and rear sway bars I want to put air bags in it It has air shocks in it now but I don't like them . Anyone ever put air bags in an a-body? If so what kind and what was the application. Can't find any one woo makes a kit for a-body air bags Thanks Jim

Don't know where you would find a steering wheel that would fit the older cars....no to mention the air bag sensors??? :lol:

Look at a Mazda pick up, same torsion bar suspension. Maybe Escalade?

<<Correction, they dont bag earlier torsion bar setups, only strut suspensions. what they do is lower the torsion bar to slam the front and then bag it to raise it up. Youll need to make a plate to mount the donuts between the LCA and something stationary. If you wanted to get crazy, you could float the rear torsion bar sockets and weld arms that extend out and bag the ends of those so you could alter the entire torsion bar rotation but they would end up under the seats? Good luck, probably would want to convert to an alterK8tion coil front suspension and bag those coils. >>

Last edited:
Look at a Mazda pick up, same torsion bar suspension. Maybe Escalade?

<<Correction, they dont bag earlier torsion bar setups, only strut suspensions. what they do is lower the torsion bar to slam the front and then bag it to raise it up. Youll need to make a plate to mount the donuts between the LCA and something stationary. If you wanted to get crazy, you could float the rear torsion bar sockets and weld arms that extend out and bag the ends of those so you could alter the entire torsion bar rotation but they would end up under the seats? Good luck, probably would want to convert to an alterK8tion coil front suspension and bag those coils. >>
I want the air bags for the rear Not to replace the leafs just to get rid of the air shocks.I've used them before on old GTO's to help with wheel hop and adjusting ride hight

-
Back