Air brushing, anyone here do it?

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Im told i have the ol artistic talent,love to draw and huge imagination. Air brushing is something ive always wanted to do. Anyone here does this? Im thinking of getting into it. Is there a decent set up you can get? I dont want to go all in so to speak but i dont want to buy some crap thats going to make me say screw this idea. Any help or suggestions on this would be great, Thanks

Im told i have the ol artistic talent,love to draw and huge imagination. Air brushing is something ive always wanted to do. Anyone here does this? Im thinking of getting into it. Is there a decent set up you can get? I dont want to go all in so to speak but i dont want to buy some crap thats going to make me say screw this idea. Any help or suggestions on this would be great, Thanks

I think Rani could give you some info on it.

I've owned one for many years and love doing it. Although I still feel I suck at it. I started trying to do real flames, but other things came up and the air brush went back into the box.

I have to tell you, practice practice and more practice! Start with a single stage to get the feel of it then maybe move up to a dual stage gun. Just wish I had the talen to paint gas tanks, helmets and such!

I do a lot of airbrushing . I use the gun that I bought for airbrushing my model cars . I think it works great . I have used it on several peoples cars . really impressed .

I've done some airbrushing when I was in school. Haven't done any more. I bought an Iwata Eclipse brush. They run about $170. It's really nice to have a mixing bank full of colors so you can mix your own.

Attachments

• image-2776029052.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 145
  • image-2731715427.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 150
  • image-3117738005.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 131
I try, but I'm not very good at it.... More an RC and model body painter when it comes to using the airbrush...

- CK

Thanks all.......Im just thinking of getting into it. I do stained glass but its time consuming, not that i dont like it i basically do stuff for people i know now. Im going to look into a set soon i think, thats why i posted this.

i have a pache i believe (probably murdered the spelling) but i like it. i have only done a few things but its fun. i recommend a dual action brush. they re a little trickier to get used to but if you don t know the difference you re ok anyway. they offer a little more control with your air-paint mix.. mine was about 100 bucks but it was worth it. iwata s are good too from what i have heard. it doesn t take much air to run them but i recommend a quiet compressor or you ll go nuts. i just hooked my hose to a paint gun air regulator and hook it to my shop air line cause my compressor is outside. good luck and have fun

I used to play around a lot with mine but just can't find the time anymore:glasses7:

Attachments

• 2285824091_00316ff643_o.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 109
  • 000_1205.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 000_0998.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 131
i have a pache i believe (probably murdered the spelling)
Paasche-about the best there is.
I used to do a lot of airbrushing, not any more though (although I used my brush to paint the license plates I've made for the front of my Duster).

one tip-I set mine up to use the little bottles that Testor model paint comes in (or, at least, used to come in years ago). That way, I could keep a bottle of each color mixed up, and just screw them onto the lid I'd fashioned to my airbrush rather than having to mix up whatever paint I wanted to shoot every time I wanted to use it (took a picture to show what I mean)
2gt2ce1.jpg

Also, the air line is a piece of hose with a star pattern inside it- it can't be cut off no matter how much you step on it, twist it, etc. Don't know how many times I wrecked a job because I was really into it and did something (like stepping on the line, or even pushing my elbow down onto it) to cut the air flow for a split second with the thin line that came with the brush

-
Back