Air filter

-

sefus

Reaction score
Ok it runs down to be a 73 dart, 360, air gap intake, 780 demon (borrowing till I find a good 650 holley), stock hood for now and am worried about clearance under hood for the air cleaner. anyone run into any problems? thinking a drop base with a 4inch filter should do it but any input would be apprciated. Thanks!

I have a 360 with an Airgap and 625 Carter, and it fit both the stock single snorkle smog air cleaner, and a 3" Edelbrock air cleaner. I even have the 1/2" spacer under my edelbrock to clear my fuel line.
7410464253.jpg

And I notice the air filters base seems level, as in no drop. The fuel line looks to straight across and then right, into the carb.

That's correct Rumble. The line comes straight out of the carb. That is why I had to use the 1/2" spacer, because the filter is a 1/2" drop base, and wouldn't clear the line.

Assuming his fuel line drops down out of the carb, he should be able to run a 3.5" non drop filter and clear everything fine.

3.5" is the max (just ran into this prob) I have a 340 airgap intake and tried a 4" filter, non drop base and was too tall, now I'm looking for a six pac scoop.
Luckily the guy at the local speed shop let me take a couple different cleaners home so I could experiment. I switched to a 1" drop base and had clearance issues with my choke linkage. So I would say to really max it a1\2" drop base and 4" element would be it.
But I'm still looking for a scoop!

DSCF0281 (WinCE) (Small).JPG

I have a nice K&N drop base air cleaner with a 3" K&N filter for sale. $45 shipped.

don

-
Back