Air grabber Duster

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
This picture has me thinking I need to find a junk 70 Road Runner hood.

Attachments

• dusrr.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 256
that would be cool on a duster.years ago,i took a 70rr grabber hood and put the grabber on a non grabber hood,it can be done

You may reconsider once you see the price for everything you need unless you get lucky and find it all for a deal. and by deal, you will probably end up in about a grand in parts for everything in one shot, used, if you get a really good deal, like you off someone's wife AND pay them the grand. If you are going for exactly how that Duster looks, you CANNOT run an engine that has low vacuum signal unless you get a '69 Air Grabber/'70 Ramcharger system which was cable actuated. The Air Grabber relies on a vacuum actuator. Also, you will need to find an Air Grabber/Ramcharger hood made from steel to graft it onto the stock hood or alternatively, fork out $900 and get two AAR fiberglass hoods (one Air Grabber hood and a Duster hood) and hack 'em both up and make one hood which would require alot of talent. Or graft the fiberglass center of the Air Grabber hood from AAR onto a stock Duster hood or do the same with a factory fiberglass Air Grabber hood, once again, this will take alot of skill and atleast $500 in both hoods, that's with none of the stuff to even make the Air Grabber work and no work into it.

I really dug deep and looked into doing this on my Dart. The easiest cheapest way to do it? Fabricate your own and make it cable actuated. If anyone is interested, I could draw out what I've had in my head. Not trying to be an arse, just saying, it'd take some realllll deep pockets to pull that off and some really skilled body work.

I know the cost of air grabber parts and I have had a Road Runner with a working air grabber hood just six months ago.I wouldn't hack up two new AMD hoods.I would find a 70-72 Valiant-Duster hood easy to do.And a cheap rusty and or damaged Road Runner hood no so easy to do.As as now I am broke anyways but I like the looks of the air grabber on the Duster.

-
Back