Air Ride

-
if you go air ride and remove the torsion bars then you better reinforce the shock towers because they were never intended to hold the weight of the entire car... plus you'll have to do a few mods to the lower control arms if the torsion bars come out.

Thanks..The air bags are in and seem to be working well. I was just hoping to create some room around the headers by removing torsion bars. The custom TTI headers are real tight. We put the 4 link triangular air ride in the rear to clean it up and I am happy with it. Stiff ride but straight and adjustable.

how do you like that triangular set up? been thinking of doing that with coil overs on my dart...

I like it so far but really haven't been able to dial everything in. With air ride you have a lot of options to work with and I need more drive time to figure it out. Looks great though and cleans up the leaf spring mess. My ride is far from a stocker so the air ride was the only easy solution.

have any pictures of it? love to see it... i'm running the alter-k up front so my torsion bars are long gone.. man does that clear up alot of room... i want to do the 4 bar set up out back and down the road sometime get the air ride all around...

here is the lower control arm mod. you would need if you tossed the t-bars...
http://www.hemiduster.com/coilover.htm

i believe that if you give bill r a call at reilly motorsports that he sells the parts you need.. not 100% sure but i think i remember hearing he did...

No pics yet I will have some in a week or so. Just got the engine blue printed and balanced by supererior automotive. Pick it up tomorrow and then I will be able to dial in the air ride and take some pics.

I have a 63 Valiant that i want to lowe as much as I can on a budget. So far ive lowered the rear with 3 inch blocks and air shocks. The rear looks pretty good, would like to go lower but im not sure i can with leaf springs. My question is, is it possible to lower the front all the way down with the torsion bars and install front air shocks?

-
Back