Air rifle for long term SHTF small game hunting situ.

-
Oh yeah. I put a cheap Simmons airgun scope (and you MUST use an airgun scope, as any other scope will be destroyed by the unusual recoil) on the thing. I am Mister Woodpecker Death around here. It would probably take out a racoon too.

This sounds very interesting. How old is this post? Under a $100 for 1250 fps. !!

I bought it about a year ago but the claims are a little misleading. 1250 fps is in .177 with alloy pellets. .22 in lead is about 900 give or take. Click the .22 box under the price and it'll give you those specs.

If the SHTF was with zombies, I would SURE AS HELL want something more than an air rifle.

If the SHTF was with zombies, I would SURE AS HELL want something more than an air rifle.
I think you guys are missing the point
He isn't looking for a self defense weapon, be is looking for a pantry filling weapon that won't draw undue attention to himself, something he can use to kill food without announcing to the world where he is hiding out

I think you guys are missing the point
He isn't looking for a self defense weapon, be is looking for a pantry filling weapon that won't draw undue attention to himself, something he can use to kill food without announcing to the world where he is hiding out

Still doesn`t fit the situation to me !
Also think the zombe thing is about the stupidist thing anyone ever came up with ! That and vampires don't interest me one bit and aren`t worth discussing !-----DONE

Still doesn`t fit the situation to me !
Also think the zombe thing is about the stupidist thing anyone ever came up with ! That and vampires don't interest me one bit and aren`t worth discussing !-----DONE
Forget zombies, consider this, c hina bombs us and takes out our food supply
Whatever the government has will be routed to the armed forces so we, the survivors, are left to fend for ourselves

Now, there are 4 or 5 other families after the same bunny or tree rat or coon you are hunting
You need to take your prey stealthy, without others knowing it is our there

Even today, how often do you hear stories of someone shooting a deer, tracking it only to find some other hunter got there first and claim it as their kill?

-
Back