Al Anabi exit from NHRA

-

tubtar

Reaction score
It didn't seem to make much sense.
They were throwing big dollars at four Pro classes and enjoying a good deal of success.........why would they simply pull the plug ?
You don't just kick the nitro thing cold turkey and going fast and faster is a life long thing.
I was baffled until this came to light.
Apparently , they are re-focusing their efforts on racing nearer to their homes in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar and looking to focus on home grown equipment to try and grow those brands.
While I do not see this brand of racing gaining world wide acceptance , I sure think it would be a hoot to watch .

Attachments

• AlAnabi.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 227
http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/29859-johnson-discusses-al-anabi-funding-loss

they won the winternationals today...so he has gas money to make it to Phoenix

Great read.
I never had a problem with money pouring in from Qatar , or where ever.
Other than the notion that the deepest pocket wins the race and the perceived unfairness of that.
It was very sudden , but it sounds like most everyone landed on their feet.
The money will definitely be missed.
But when I saw the picture of the flying camel , my silly gene kicked in and I could not resist.

They won't be missed only class worth watching anymore is prostock..which was won yesterday by the Summit boys..:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Jason Line can win a championship. He as well as Greg A are hands on engine guys that can race. Seem to be a dying breed in the naturally aspirated funny car ranks where engine rentals are seemingly the norm anymore.

I guess the rumor is that Richie Steven will be driving a Mopar with J&J horsepower in the near future.

Yes that is what I am thinking. I hope he can not tell any secrets to his wife.

-
Back