AL & Theresa's Excellent Mopar Road Trip Adventures

-
A few cool pictures along the way will be posted also. You never know what you may see along the way !
20200829_095524.jpg
20200903_175110.jpg
20200903_175123.jpg
20210509_134935.jpg
20210710_185510 - Copy.jpg
20210710_185721 - Copy.jpg

It is so cool to see FABO members meeting and greeting. I think the Moderators should have a separate Column/Thread for members meeting. Miles, parts, knowledge, assistance or just plain fun, this old man is happy to be a member. I submit that myself and rumblefish have the distance record crushed. Everett, WA to Greenport, Long Island New York. I posted a picture of him in Greenport, with his permission.

Outstanding! rumblefish(Rob) and I got to meet on the east end of Long Island at the end of June. We're about 2900 miles apart. He's every bit a gentleman in person as he is on line. He's also not afraid to correct you. Thanks, FABO!
Thanks Paul. It was super cool meeting you and your family. Though I think my on line rep is probably harsh and argumentative (if not just plainly labeled a dick - LMAO!) You quickly realized differently since on line text is read and often given an assumed tone is given to the reading.

And yea, if “I know” you made a mistake, I’ll speak up so someone doesn’t screw up. If I don’t know, I’ll question it. Ether rod the knowledge or I’m thinking something is not right.

I also think that a 2900+ mile is the greatest distance for a FABO member meet.

Can anybody beat that?

OK, Pun intended! Didn't know what else to call this thread.
So most all you guys and girls know I'm on here listing / selling a lot of parts. Started out by selling my extra parts from my projects. Then one day I got a message from a member here that a guy he knew had a bunch of stuff he needed to part with because he had sold his house and didn't want to scrap his collection of fine Mopar parts! Thanks George!
So with the help of my wonderful / beautiful wife who said I needed something to do to keep me busy and out of her hair, we went and got this guy's stash of parts and began our Excellent Adventure! Now, we are gearing up for our next big adventure, which will include parts dropping along the way, meeting some of you guys along with some people on Facebook groups.
This parts drop stuff started when I had sold a pair of bucket seats to Jim in southern Missouri. Then the Covid deal broke and delivery got put on hold, for about a year. Every day I would look up and see those seats in the shop and bug me.
Theresa and I were in the Smokey Mountains for a Motorcycle Ride for a week and brought the seats with us. One rainy day we hopped in the truck and took off 700 miles to drop the seats off to Jim In MO. Which happens to be right there on part of Old Route 66.
View attachment 1715771494s View attachment 1715771495

Then back to the Mountains to finish our Bike ride!
By the way, this is Theresa and I, so you know who's who!
View attachment 1715771496

So fast forward to another adventure to MO to visit the families, Theresa and I are both from MO.

We have to drop more parts to people along the way. Stopped in South Ga to meet Roy, then Corey in Tifton, Ga - more great guys.
View attachment 1715771503

Rob & Kitty in Macon, GA. Super nice people to meet! Stopped in Chattanooga, TN and dropped a bunch of stuff to a guy there, then on to southern IL to Marion, then on to Mascoutah IL and also Springfield MO. Have met a few different members along the way on a trip up in North Carolina. Met with Jackie and his wife Susan and also Mike over in Mineral Bluff, Ga. Both great guys! Latest was a trip up to Va to pick up a car from a member here, Frank. Again, another great guy to deal with and meet and BS with.
View attachment 1715771502

On the way back home met up with Jackie again in NC then stopped in Atlanta to pick up some parts from a good guy from Facebook.

Next up is another quick trip back up to Chattanooga for a drop a couple drops in GA again and then a pick in North Florida and back home to rest and reload for our big S/W road trip with drops along the way! Looking forward to meeting a couple few members from here and Facebook also. Biking in the Rockies, desert and what ever else comes our way.
OH, Got this as an added bonus along the way!
A little home made Mountain Dew !
View attachment 1715771508

So what was just a little part of my hobby is turning into bigger things, helping others find some parts they need that otherwise might get scrapped. Thanks for you all buying my stuff and I'll keep looking for more!

TO BE CONTINUED!

Al! Terrific story. Thanks for the picture of your handsome self and your beautiful wife Theresa.
I’m now 100% sure I’ll not be making a mistake in the future.
:lol:

Next time you plan on coming thru Va PM me so we can meet! Always love doing business with you! My dart is full of parts that came from you and Roy!

Next time you plan on coming thru Va PM me so we can meet! Always love doing business with you! My dart is full of parts that came from you and Roy!
Thanks Kevin , pleasure is all mine doing business with you !
Hope you don't live close to Fredericksburg, traffic sucked there. I'll try to avoid that place like the covid!

Thanks Kevin , pleasure is all mine doing business with you !
Hope you don't live close to Fredericksburg, traffic sucked there. I'll try to avoid that place like the covid!
No I'm on the south west part of Virginia im right off the I 81/i77 junction im an hour away from the NC ,WV, and TN line. I can be in the Sevierville/Gatlinburg TN in about 2 hours 45mins

Al, it sounds like you and T are living the dream. God bless you both.

No I'm on the south west part of Virginia im right off the I 81/i77 junction im an hour away from the NC ,WV, and TN line. I can be in the Sevierville/Gatlinburg TN in about 2 hours 45mins
We go the the Smokey Mountains/ North Carolina , Often ! Next time up there I'll give you a shout out !

Theresa and I are heading out in the morning on our planned road trip to Chattanooga and back. We will have our first stop in Macon with a stop in with the infamous RRR and another guy who is meeting me at Robs from South Carolina. Then on north to the Atlanta area for a meet up with 1Badcolt for a drop off. Then on to Chattanooga for another drop the next morning then back to Florida and a parts pick on the way. Should be fun meeting with a couple members looking forward to meeting new people and well try to post up some interesting pictures from along the way!
20210802_165646.jpg
20210802_165620.jpg

Theresa and I are heading out in the morning on our planned road trip to Chattanooga and back. We will have our first stop in Macon with a stop in with the infamous RRR and another guy who is meeting me at Robs from South Carolina. Then on north to the Atlanta area for a meet up with 1Badcolt for a drop off. Then on to Chattanooga for another drop the next morning then back to Florida and a parts pick on the way. Should be fun meeting with a couple members looking forward to meeting new people and well try to post up some interesting pictures from along the way!
View attachment 1715774857 View attachment 1715774858
Too cool!

Yes Sir, Steve. That's what it's all about. When we get back from this one I have another quick, instate pic then our big one to Texas and Colorado, Oklahoma basically the S W. For about 6-8 weeks.. looking forward to meeting a few more members from here .

Swing through Tuscaloosa and see what I have that you might be interested in. PM for number if you come into my area, I would be happy to meet you and maybe clear out some stuff, Joe

Yall are gettin around. I see slant 6 stuff!

Was good to see yall again, Al. Give us a shout when yall come this way again.

Al, when you get to Oklahoma to drop off my 3rd member ask my dad about the parts haul he got from his brother. Bunch of 70-72 Duster/ A-body parts and a complete 273. He's a B/E-body guy and probably wouldn't let any of that stuff go anyway. Oh, yeah. There's the Outlaw neighbor of his I was telling you about.

You realize you just admitted to interstate shine runnin, right?

Last edited:
Great thread Al and thanks for taking us along. You're a lucky guy, your wife is a pretty gal and adventurous. Keep having fun you two!

You all are living the dream!
IF you all need a place to crash on your visit WEST please know you are welcome to crash here. Wife is pretty fair cook. Clean sheets. AC! We are about 45 minutes N of Houston just off 59 (I 69). Near Shepherd, Tx 77371

-
Back