Alan in Lompoc

-

Cuda Al

Reaction score
Looks like I signed up in 2007 but I have never posted here.

I'm a long time member over on the Yahoo Barracuda Owners Group and I know there are other here.

For those that may not know me I have a 1967 Barracuda that my grandparents purchased new in 66. It is a 273-2 console automatic that now has a Commando 273 in it, that is the only change otherwise it was restored to it original Copper and Copper.

I also have a 1970 Dodge D-200 and a 1969 California Highway Patrol Polara that is currently under restoration. I also keep a restoration and outing journal for my vehicles at MrMopar.com

welcome,looks alot like maxs car....

You mean this one...
2008-10-18_01.jpg

This was my cars debut show, I can't count the show we have parked together. The difference is his is a genuine Commando car, and black interior but yes both copper and if all goes well when he is done with the repairs on his they will be the same color.

Bomber will chime in as he is in Pismo. i was born and raised in Los Osos but now live in Phoenix, bummer we never ran into each other!

Bomber will chime in as he is in Pismo. i was born and raised in Los Osos but now live in Phoenix, bummer we never ran into each other!

I've been in Lompoc 13 years now and this car has only been on the road the last 6, prior to that it was in storage for over 10

Hey Alan!

Hope the CHP car is going well. There's one Julius is doing some work on down here. I saw Ron over there giving some pointers.

Used to live in Santa Maria before we moved out here to be closer to the aging parents so they could see thier Grandkids more.

Welcome to FABO

Hey Alan!

Hope the CHP car is going well. There's one Julius is doing some work on down here. I saw Ron over there giving some pointers.

My CHP project is going well, it is painted and in the middle of getting it polished and get the body back together. Next up will be the engine.

The car at Julius is unit 5051 that use to belong to someone that sold it to take on a 1968 Dodge D-700 ramp truck restoration. There is no plan to restore the car to CHP spec just an all black paintjob.

really! lol birds of a feather

Yep.
Shell Beach
Templeton
Los Osos
Paso Robles
Templeton
Santa Maria
Arizona

in that order.

Remember, we talked about that shop in Los Osos called Milt Moos Automotive that I worked at, and it was close to the the triangle shaped park in Los Osos?

Yep.
Shell Beach
Templeton
Los Osos
Paso Robles
Templeton
Santa Maria
Arizona

in that order.

Remember, we talked about that shop in Los Osos called Milt Moos Automotive that I worked at, and it was close to the the triangle shaped park in Los Osos?

the one just north of sunny side elemetry right off of LOVR. that park? so that would put that shop near the old WAMU and across the street from vons. what year were you in Osos?

My CHP project is going well, it is painted and in the middle of getting it polished and get the body back together. Next up will be the engine.

The car at Julius is unit 5051 that use to belong to someone that sold it to take on a 1968 Dodge D-700 ramp truck restoration. There is no plan to restore the car to CHP spec just an all black paintjob.

Forgot that Tom sold them that CHP car.

They are going through many aspects of the car. It doesn't take that much extra effort to do it. That is, IF the owner take the time and effort to learn about the special aspects of a CHP car. I just don't understand, they could have just got a nice 4 door Polara if they are not concerned with the CHP part of it.

the one just north of sunny side elemetry right off of LOVR. that park? so that would put that shop near the old WAMU and across the street from vons. what year were you in Osos?

Yep.
You asked me what years last time and I really don't have a clue.
I can only base it off of something else in that time frame or guess, so probably early 80's
I got out of the military in 1976 and married my first wife in Los Osos a few years later.
So probably about 1982 or so.

I drove a near perfect condition root beer brown metalic 69 Roadrunner with a 440 police motor in it
and MT 5 spoke two tone rims at the time.

Forgot that Tom sold them that CHP car.

They are going through many aspects of the car. It doesn't take that much extra effort to do it. That is, IF the owner take the time and effort to learn about the special aspects of a CHP car. I just don't understand, they could have just got a nice 4 door Polara if they are not concerned with the CHP part of it.

I don't get it either, even Tom wasn't planning on a CHP restoration.

< waving > Hi Alan!! Great to see you make an appearance over here. You'll find quite a few BOG members beat ya to the place. :-D

Welcome to the best damn MoPar site on the interweb Al!!! Nice fish and cool pics...got any pictures of the squad stuff? :glasses7:

Damn that's sweet. I for one would love to see the Sweptline!

This is not as it sits right now but the best picture I have that has the stripes on it.
2013-01-05_011.jpg

I had just put the new wheels and tires in the front, they were just painted and didn't want to put the cars on yet. The rears were the original split ring wheels and were later replaced as well. At that time I ran with no caps and liked that look. With a recent disc brake upgrade I could no longer run the factory steel wheels so I have a pair of Cragers up front and do not like them.

This is not as it sits right now but the best picture I have that has the stripes on it.

I had just put the new wheels and tires in the front, they were just painted and didn't want to put the cars on yet. The rears were the original split ring wheels and were later replaced as well. At that time I ran with no caps and liked that look. With a recent disc brake upgrade I could no longer run the factory steel wheels so I have a pair of Cragers up front and do not like them.

Cragars? On the truck? Yeah, that would be kind of goofy. How about cop wheels? I know you have some of those. LOL

Cragars? On the truck? Yeah, that would be kind of goofy. How about cop wheels? I know you have some of those. LOL

The problem is these are 8-lug, I'm looking for some 94+ 3/4 ton Dodge wheels as they should work but have a different look. The "Cop" wheels are from late 70's, my car uses "Hemi" wheels. This picture was from the test fit to make sure they cleared the disc brakes that I put on.

2013-08-07_001.jpg

These were selected because they were cheap and I had a very good idea they would fit. I could have kept the steel wheels but I'd need to run 1/2" spacers and my lugs were not log enough (no longer ones available without machining).

-
Back