Align ‘67 Barracuda convertible top

-

Bobacuda

Reaction score
I “think” I have the door windows done, and “I think” I have enough info to start trying to align the quarter windows. I’m pretty sure Rube Goldberg engineered all of this.

Meanwhile, while the back seat and interior panels are out, I need to tweak the top alignment. The top currently droops at the hinges above the middle of both doors.

Studying the FSM and the Barracuda supplement, it appears that there is an adjustment behind the interior panels on each side. And once again, the Mopar technical writers were assuming anyone trying to make adjustments were clairvoyant.

Have any of you folks done this alignment? Do you have any photos and/or good info on this project? Looking for anything that Mopar (a.k.a. Rube Goldberg) should have included for the average person to align the top. Argh!

Thanks

Do the alignment pins drop into the pockets in the front header?
Has the top frame been removed from the car & Reinstalled?
Where the top bolts to the inner panels there are two 1/2" holes through the top frame and the body... Those set the frame position then adjustment can be made to the frame at various points... Drooping at the windows there is an adjustment for but typically once the top is stretched the frame is pulled tight & the windows no longer droop... I usually leave the adjustments as they are & just get the pins to drop in... Then stretch the top & if needed fine tune the adjustments from there...

The top should have fit the car originally, so if it goes back where it was it should be pretty close....

Original top was shredded to gone. During car rebuild, top frame was removed, painted, new seals-cables-pads and top. It’s was professionally installed. While trying to align the door windows, I discovered the problem with the top’s droopy side rails.

Front pins drop in fine

Where the top side rail over the driver's door meets the top side rail over the quarter window there is a small round hole.

In that hole is a screw that can be loosened or tightened to change the level of the top rails.

This is the screw

PXL_20230824_020240518~2.jpg

This is the hole that will be visible when the top is up.

PXL_20230824_020247660~2.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back