Alignment issues!

-

Zinger74

Reaction score
i recently purchased my second Duster. The previous owner had lowered the front using the torsion bars. I raised it back up a bit to have the stance I like and to help even out the ware on my tires. The way I have it my tires still wear toward the inside. I was wondering if there was a way for me to keep the stance but adjust the camber so my tires wont wear out as fast without raising the front end.

well i didnt know if they would just raise the front end and call it a day. cause that is what i was told by thr local shop

I drive mine in, takes a while, but when I'm done, they drive the way I want them and can stand them.
Might not be kosher, but it works for me.
Most alignment shops are worthless on older cars these days.

Without an alignment rack, the easiest way to get the camber/caster right is to start with the height adjusted so that the upper arms are as close to perpendicular (level) to the bushing supports as possible.
This is the best angle to get the most out of the cam adjusters.

Not going into it any further, because it gets very involved from there and there are a lot of variables.

Mark.

Set the height where you want it. Get a carpenter's square next to the wheel and measure from it to the wheel at the top and the bottom. The tire will have zero camber when the two measurements are the same. Turn the front eccentric to move the front of the upper control arm out. If you run out of adjustment, turn the rear eccentric to bring the rear of the UCA in. Then adjust toe. It's really easy, and you'll get better results than an alignment shop using stock specs.

Rear ecc all the way in, front one all the way out. Tell them to set camber, while keeping the caster in, by only moving the front. Toe in 1/16"

-
Back