All new in car video of the Duster

-

drjay0

The Jet
Reaction score
Here is the new one of my brother in laws 1970 Duster with 340 smallblock 5 speed and clutch at Englishtown during his last comp license run. This was on a 9.94 pass. You can hear it start to black track on the top end as the track temp was at 134 degrees. This one really shows what it takes to step a clutch and shift a car of this caliber. I also attached a cool pic I took from staging at Lebanon. Enjoy !!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7528903995676743423&hl=en

Duster4 small.JPG

Scamp is coming nicely. He has the body all done and in primer. Has a 340/727 all ready to go and will be cutting down an e-body 8 3/4 so he can deep dish the rims. The entire front end from the Duster is going in the Scamp since he has the AlterKtion now. Only thing left to find is a console and buckets.

Thanks DrjayO.
Nice car:-D and the incar video sure brought back some old memory's.
Talk about tight shifting and good equipment. Well dun.:cheers:

I just watched the video again and had a couple of questions. I noticed he's using a five speed, what trans is it? Also, what's the lever for on the shifter, a reverse lockout?

Thanks!

It's a Liberty 5 speed with Long Shifter. The grip lever pulls the linkage pin up so the trans can be upshifted back into neutral or first. The small lever on the right gets thrown forward while holding the grip lever the engage reverse.

These guys are makin' a whole bunch of enthusiasts mighty proud to be Mopar guys.........

Can't wait to see the program! :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10:

Yeah I just love that video. I saw one like that not to long ago and was wondering where I can find it again. Thanks! I have a 4-speed and you wouldn't believe what you can learn by watching that video (I do anyways because I have always ran automatics). I have a line lock and can see him using his.

His feet is as busy as a one legged man in a *** kicking contest!

Awesome car, glad to see I'm not the only one with a ashtray that vibrates open LoL. Again congrats on the pinks win & can't wait to see the show when it airs.

Don't s*#t compare to a stickshift going down the track! Man, that thing gives me serious wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did it take to get the tranny in that thing? I'm planning to get the new Richmond Super Street 5 speed for my '71 Duster stroker so I can bang some gears. Anybody?

-
Back