Allen Johnson announment

-
Maybe like W.J. and have a engine program for Sportsman racers.

The fastest way to the "winner's circle" is DATA! And the fastest way to get that is,....#1, BACKING($$$$$$$$$) 2NT is more cars= more "date" Quicker!!!!!!!
With only a single car, and no help, because it works differently than the OTHER bran(can't send a spy over to the next camp, because it does not apply in most cases).
Allen Johnson has had an uphill battle, with problems only uneek too him and his mopar. I am Damm proud of AJ and his true determination to stand behind his mopar for all these years. I give a heartfelt HI Five to You AJ. And May SOMEONE step up to plate to keep him in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nhra and NASCAR both don't give a rat's *** about car guys or independent racers. Its all about big corporations and popularity. Just listen to the announcers, how they talk and explain everything. They talk to the people that more then likely don't know how to check their own oil. Explaining how a wing makes down force, or that spark plugs make sparks. I don't watch either anymore. I'll go to the local drags

The fastest way to the "winner's circle" is DATA! And the fastest way to get that is,....#1, BACKING($$$$$$$$$) 2NT is more cars= more "date" Quicker!!!!!!!
With only a single car, and no help, because it works differently than the OTHER bran(can't send a spy over to the next camp, because it does not apply in most cases).
Allen Johnson has had an uphill battle, with problems only uneek too him and his mopar. I am Damm proud of AJ and his true determination to stand behind his mopar for all these years. I give a heartfelt HI Five to You AJ. And May SOMEONE step up to plate to keep him in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL OF THE ABOVE. Wish I had some of his knowledge.

Well if he wants to seriously contend he'll be coming back in a Camaro..cause' the Mopars are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind in performance..

Look at Ray Bartons son. Running & building a chevy. It doesn't surprise me. Ill tell ya what I would like to see is DSR get involved in the prostock program.

Last edited:
If PS is dead, I suppose one could build a twin turbo car and run on "Street Outlaws". :)

Round 2
Tanner Gray RT .037 6.669 Allen Johnson RT . 027 6.679

Johnson gets a small starting line advantage and runs hard down the track. He is still in the lead past the 1000 foot lights, but Gray just nips him in the lights for the narrowist of wins. He will have lane choice over Skillman in round three.
Tanner Gray's incremental margins (negative if behind): 60ft(-0.023), 330 ft(-0.017), 660ft(-0.010), 1,000ft(-0.003). MOV: 0.0002 seconds (approximately 1 inches).

Tanner Gray's incremental times: 60ft-1.012 sec., 330ft-2.795, 660ft-4.290/164.43 mph, 1,000ft-5.581.
Allen Johnson's incremental times: 60ft-0.999 sec., 330ft-2.788, 660ft-4.290/163.61 mph, 1,000ft-5.588.

Loses by .0002.....Yeah Mopar is really far behind.....

Round 2

Johnson gets a small starting line advantage and runs hard down the track. He is still in the lead past the 1000 foot lights, but Gray just nips him in the lights for the narrowist of wins. He will have lane choice over Skillman in round three.
Tanner Gray's incremental margins (negative if behind): 60ft(-0.023), 330 ft(-0.017), 660ft(-0.010), 1,000ft(-0.003). MOV: 0.0002 seconds (approximately 1 inches).

Tanner Gray's incremental times: 60ft-1.012 sec., 330ft-2.795, 660ft-4.290/164.43 mph, 1,000ft-5.581.
Allen Johnson's incremental times: 60ft-0.999 sec., 330ft-2.788, 660ft-4.290/163.61 mph, 1,000ft-5.588.

Most of that is likely in the clutch, gearing and chassis. You didn't post the MPH but IIRC they were with in 1 MPH. That means they are very close on HP. Even though the peak may be close, I'm sure the Chryslers are having issues in the gear change due to the RPM limit.

Round 2

that just proves that if the chevy friendly rpm limit was not there they would lose every race .

I was still in HS, Ford had released the new '83 T-bird, and the Chebby boys(crybabies) were NOT happy. Saddled with the squarish-garish conjunction of angles G-body
Monte Carslow, they were getting their asses handed to them, & often. It didn't take NAPCAR long to penalize Ford for having a superior car, and they whacked half of the
rear wing off of them, "evening" up the scales. Not too long afterward, Chebby cobbled together the glass-hatched MonteCarslow SS Aerocoupe, curiously NAPCAR didn't
seem interested in restoring the full rear spoiler height on the T-birds...............and with that I was done with any real interest in the series for good. I came to detest
almost all organized racing for the same reason, catering to the lowest common denominator for the$$$$$$$$, then taking the extra step of penalizing innovation.......
unless of course You belonged to the LCD group. I was considering running a Sports2000 series, but after reading the SCCA's official Mag for a year and a half, the
sanctioning body seemed more interested in showing the Racers who was boss than rendering fair & rational judgements anytime there was an issue or appeal. Read what
has faced Yunick,Chapman,Granatelli,Hall, etc. etc. sickening and pathetic. Why street racing was IT for over 4 yrs. for Me, no rules, line up & win or lose MF'er.....period.
No F'n excuses, no F'n whining, run again if you like, but each race is win or lose,.............if You lose go home, regroup, do what You need to do, go back out again........

When JFR was dominating F/C, NHRA tech didn't seem interested in approving any performance improving part that we came up with. Several times we had to slide things through by making it into some kind of safety oriented piece that "happened" to have an unforseen performance advantage. They took away some of our wicker on the spoiler and front wheel wells within weeks of approving the vastly aerodynamically superior then new Dodge Charger body. This is back when JFR was Ford Mustangs bodies. Lots of the rulings were frustrating, and the logic behind them inconsistent. We spent big bucks developing stuff that was just outright dismissed. IMO they seemed to find a way to help whoever of the most popular couple teams was struggling at the moment. Or at least slowing the progress of the current frontrunners. A one man show only sells tickets for so long, they learned that lesson during JF's 10 straight champ run.

That's only three gears,...............................:D
I don't care what people think, that's just flat funny. Factory motorsports sponsorship from Fiat , just doesn't seem likely again. What a shame.

Round 2

Pay him (stroked 340) no mind, he`s either jealous of something mopar, or a chevy lover. Doesn`t ever have anything good to say, or contribute . I bet his stroked 340 is a dog and he`s pissed off.!! LOL

Pay him (stroked 340) no mind, he`s either jealous of something mopar, or a chevy lover. Doesn`t ever have anything good to say, or contribute . I bet his stroked 340 is a dog and he`s pissed off.!! LOL

Wrong AGAIN...Jealous of what??..pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee..Chevy lover nope but they're dominating prostock that's for damn sure..never owned a dog:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I remember when there was no TV coverage. Ticket prices were cheap and the tracks were packed with people and attending racers in all classes. Now there is TV coverage. NHRA makes huge money off of this and ticket prices are outragous and the stands are damn near empty. They don't care what the ticket price is because they make so much from TV. The top cars have become so technical it takes rocket science to figure them out "pro stock too". NHRA has always had a hand in knocking down the guys who had a better idea and dominated their sport. They have all forgot the roots from where they came. IMHO, drop the engine size in fuel to 350 cu. in., make the fuel systems simple, get rid of all the damn computers!. Pro stock? Stock bodies, engines that are actually built with manufacturers basic parts, minimal modifications allowed. Compitition would be fierce. There would be more cars competing. Cut those ticket prices in half! The stands would be full!! See that car in my avatar. I built it with my own hands!!! In my own garage!!! Not some mega shop with a ton of engineers on the payroll !!! I have more fun competing against guys like me and watching cars like mine rather than seeing those mega money cars. IMHO.

NHRA pays Fox to air the show.....so I dont think they are making anything on TV....unless they control the selling of the advertisement

Wrong AGAIN...Jealous of what??..pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee..Chevy lover nope but they're dominating prostock that's for damn sure..never owned a dog:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
READ" 10500 LIMIT ! Still think u drive a dog ! or, are one ! LOL

READ" 10500 LIMIT ! Still think u drive a dog ! or, are one ! LOL

Far from a dog..and yes I'm the BIG dog in the pack..

20150920_164142.jpg

View attachment 1715114487

20150920_164418.jpg

"Far from a dog..and yes I'm the BIG dog in the pack.."

In a pack of hairy nuts

-
Back