Alloy Heads

-
Made in China:wack::wack::wack: spend the extra money buy the real thing Edelbrocks..my 416 had 11.9 to 1 comp. ran on 93 no problem Edelbrock heads of coarse..

Aussie's fuel octane rating is what by what method?
I'm in New York with 10% ethonol, 12-1 ratio is possible with a large cam and aluminum heads as well.

Anything from 91 RON to 100 RON available at the pump. Most guys run 10.5 to 1 on most mild street engines with iron heads. That's considered a safe number.

Made in China:wack::wack::wack: spend the extra money buy the real thing Edelbrocks..my 416 had 11.9 to 1 comp. ran on 93 no problem Edelbrock heads of coarse..
When Edelbrock finally goes under from all those Communist parts undermining the Capitalist market, then I'm going to buy a machine shop and cash in on all the repair and refinishing work that these parts require.
:cheers:

Lots of Edelbrock parts are made in China. I've been told the Speed Master (Pro Comp) head castings are better quality than Edelbrocks. This is comparing Small Block Mopar to Small Block Mopar. Now hardware wise Edelbrocks may be better but as I understand not by a lot and the machine work and valve job is not so great either. I like to buy American but I also like to buy quality and if an American made product is par or worse then off shore, then should one buy American?

Oh and I work in manufacturing and deal with off shore manufacturing so I live this as a consumer and as an occupation. China is not the problem, the US Government and Corporate greed is the problem.

Lots of Edelbrock parts are made in China. I've been told the Speed Master (Pro Comp) head castings are better quality than Edelbrocks. This is comparing Small Block Mopar to Small Block Mopar. Now hardware wise Edelbrocks may be better but as I understand not by a lot and the machine work and valve job is not so great either. I like to buy American but I also like to buy quality and if an American made product is par or worse then off shore, then should one buy American?

Oh and I work in manufacturing and deal with off shore manufacturing so I live this as a consumer and as an occupation. China is not the problem, the US Government and Corporate greed is the problem.

Edelbrock heads and intakes are made in the U.S.A. they don't make anything else i'd use..

That's the word I'm hearing of late too. The Speedmaster stuff is top notch, maybe even better than the edelbrock. The guy selling these ones I'm looking at has a trailer full of hotrod parts he takes to all the swap meets around here, all new stuff he imports himself so it's low overheads. He'll be up here in the next few weeks for the swap meet & assures me he'll have a set with him. If they are the same casting as the Speedmaster then happy days.

The speedmaster (procomp) stuff is rubbish. A few weeks back i bought a new intake. It arrived with porosity all the way through the runners. Sent it back and got another one not much better. Nothing lines up........rubbish.
I believe their head castings are ok but everything in them rubbish.

That's the word I'm hearing of late too. The Speedmaster stuff is top notch, maybe even better than the edelbrock. The guy selling these ones I'm looking at has a trailer full of hotrod parts he takes to all the swap meets around here, all new stuff he imports himself so it's low overheads. He'll be up here in the next few weeks for the swap meet & assures me he'll have a set with him. If they are the same casting as the Speedmaster then happy days.

The "word I hear" is this and "the word I hear" is that... yeah, yeah..... "the word"...
Pro Comp stuff is "top notch" , You lost all your credibility right there...

He's just saying what he heard.
Not that it is true or not.

Thanks Dano, that's exactly what I've heard too. I've heard a lot of people who know someone who know's someone who saw a set of Procomps & they said thet were ****, but what I've heard from people who have actually had them, recently anyway, have said they are good gear. I've heard from the same people that the intakes & dizzy's are complete junk, but I wasn't entertaining that stuff anyway.

He's just saying what he heard.
Not that it is true or not.

Unfortunate saying what you "heard" can turn into a fact sooner or later if it is said enough times and repeated as gospel by enough idiots ...Especially on forums.

Now we have Stewie thanking dano for agreeing that he heard the same thing, but as it turns out dano is wrong, the heads are made in the USA..
Even though this fact was pointed out before Stewies response thanking dano, Stewie chose to ignore it, because that fact didn't gel with what he had heard...
See what I'm getting at??

Make up you mind Stewie, one minute your talking about Areoflow products and posting flow figures for Chevy heads..then your talking about ProComp, then your saying your going to buy them out of the back of some guy's trailer at a freaking swap meet. If they are Aeroflow , they are distributed by Rocket Industries, somehow I don't think Cowin would be selling his stuff out the back of a trailer...
You can buy the ProComp stuff off plenty of sellers on ebay. Just remember, if they are junk , you will be footing the bill to have them repaired or returned.

Ok, where did anyone say that the Procomp heads are made in the USA ? The first specs I showed with the full Aeroflow Heading where for the Chev heads, but I thought I made that clear, it was supposed to be a like so Rob could find the Aeroflow web site. I later posted the Flow specs sent to me direct by Aeroflow, that are not yet up on there website, for the Mopar LA small block heads. The guy from Australian hotrod components said he gets his from the same source as Cowan, they are just a little cheaper & closer so I would have no freight charges. All things being taken at face value I would be getting the same heads at a few hundred dollars less. My first mention of the Procomp heads was that IF these are the same castings, & what I am told is to believed, then these may be a good buy. All for over $1000 less than Edelbrocks. This may be my first mopar performance build, but it's the first time I've had my hands dirty.

We were not talking about ProComp being made in the USA, we were saying that Edelbrock were. The same "place" can be the same factory, and I figure with Rockets buying power, then they would have to get them cheaper, and their freight from China in bulk shipping would also be cheaper. It's going to be hard to make a price comparison when Rocket don't even offer them for sale yet. Guess we will have to see what the "trailer guy" comes up with, but I would hasten a guess they will not be Aeroflow heads..

Quote from MRL.

"The Biggest problem I have with all the Mopar Procomp heads is the lack of ANY helicoils. This is a big problem for me and for this reason I wont use them. If you think about it, aluminum threads are not that strong, and when your dealing with CNC ported heads, your going after some HP, right? Well that means BIG cams with high spring rates. You have a better than good chance of pulling the threads right out of the rocker shaft hold downs. Plus striped threads on the exhaust and intake. No thanks. Sometimes cheap is just cheap, and Procomp is cheap."

What's said above from MRL and the fact that it's common knowledge that you will need to replace the soft valve guides in these Chinese heads. I bet your mate with the trailer parts will neglect to tell you about that...

Just pulled a CNC pro comp head out of the box....every intake ..exhaust and rocker pedestal has helicoil in them....plus the casting day is 2012....

Did you look at your before you made that statement?

Just pulled a CNC pro comp head out of the box....every intake ..exhaust and rocker pedestal has helicoil in them....plus the casting day is 2012....

I quoted MRL.. Guess you would have to ask him if he looked at his before he made that statement. I don't buy or use ProComp heads because I'm not a tight *** like you. :)

I quoted MRL.. Guess you would have to ask him if he looked at his before he made that statement. I don't buy or use ProComp heads because I'm not a tight *** like you. :)

Guess you can't believe everything you hear or read. Maybe Procomp has improved over the last few years ?

tight ***...lol...I got 9 set of edelbrock heads...just bought a new set in the box on Tuesday off craigslist...I bought 2 sets of the pro comps cause they had the wrong price (250 each) for the cnc with valves and springs on their website...you would be surprise the name of some of the guys that offered to buy them off me...

the cnc program and valve job is done by a machine shop in Southern Cal......

Unfortunate saying what you "heard" can turn into a fact sooner or later if it is said enough times and repeated as gospel by enough idiots ...Especially on forums.

Now we have Stewie thanking dano for agreeing that he heard the same thing, but as it turns out dano is wrong, the heads are made in the USA..
Even though this fact was pointed out before Stewies response thanking dano, Stewie chose to ignore it, because that fact didn't gel with what he had heard...
See what I'm getting at??

Make up you mind Stewie, one minute your talking about Areoflow products and posting flow figures for Chevy heads..then your talking about ProComp, then your saying your going to buy them out of the back of some guy's trailer at a freaking swap meet. If they are Aeroflow , they are distributed by Rocket Industries, somehow I don't think Cowin would be selling his stuff out the back of a trailer...
You can buy the ProComp stuff off plenty of sellers on ebay. Just remember, if they are junk , you will be footing the bill to have them repaired or returned.

But now he is 'hearing things from you. What makes your point of view any more valid than what he has 'heard' elsewhere?
Where will it end?

No. just what he has heard.

tight ***...lol...I got 9 set of edelbrock heads...just bought a new set in the box on Tuesday off craigslist...I bought 2 sets of the pro comps cause they had the wrong price (250 each) for the cnc with valves and springs on their website...you would be surprise the name of some of the guys that offered to buy them off me...

the cnc program and valve job is done by a machine shop in Southern Cal......

Are you buying all this stuff to build a house out of or are you a reseller?

Are you buying all this stuff to build a house out of or are you a reseller?

Well..someday went I get old and broke...I will sell them to you at a profit....LOL...

Just come upon them and the guy had a complete unassembled 360 engine with the all the machine work done..I asked what he wanted for everything...and bingo..too good of a price not to take them ...

-
Back