Almost stalls..

-

THE STEVE

"part-time wheelman"
Reaction score
after staging and doing a full throttle burnout through 1st and 2nd gear when i let off the gas it nearly dies and i have to feather it back to life. feels like its starving for fuel. possible jetting issue? also, myself and a friend tuned the car in the dead of winter in indiana 3 months ago. now i live in arizona and the car just doesnt seem to get up and go like it did. would the air/ elevation change have a huge affect on my performance?

It do's this after a burnout..When rolling to a stop? Could be low fuel level in the float bowl if carbed.

after staging and doing a full throttle burnout through 1st and 2nd gear when i let off the gas it nearly dies and i have to feather it back to life. feels like its starving for fuel. possible jetting issue? also, myself and a friend tuned the car in the dead of winter in indiana 3 months ago. now i live in arizona and the car just doesnt seem to get up and go like it did. would the air/ elevation change have a huge affect on my performance?

Maybe try a couple jet sizes larger and see if it fixes it, while you're checking your float levels.

forgot to mention, its a holley 650 dp mech secondary. ok, ill try to go up a size or two on the jets and check the floats.

You stated you previously lived in Indiana. What was your elevation then and what is it now? I would imagine that you have gone up in altitude quite a bit and in doing so, you are probably running too rich. If this is the fact, you need to go back to some basic things in tuning your Holley, idle screws, float levels, reading the plugs and probably have to jet down, maybe 1 size for every 2000 foot you have gone up. Less atmospheric pressure will dramatically change the way your car performs, and your carb settings. Yes, the higher the altitude, the less power you will have, even if you are dead nuts on carb settings.

Just Google elevation for your current city or location. Your elev. at Springville was around 640' above sea level.

-
Back