Almost time to pull out

-
1721329478642.jpeg

Lol I got offered a set of heads that were bought out from under me at Norwalks Halloween Classic last year. Some bent valves and they come with Harland Sharp rockers. I need more heads like I need another hole in my head.

Lol I got offered a set of heads that were bought out from under me at Norwalks Halloween Classic last year. Some bent valves and they come with Harland Sharp rockers. I need more heads like I need another hole in my head.
So you grabbed them, right?

John, please lay down some good wheels up passes this weekend with some win lights for those of us, like myself, who are out of the game this year.
Good luck.

Twilight just brought me a present before I pulled out.

View attachment 1716277692

View attachment 1716277693

Is that a Havana Brown ?

We have one just like her,,,we call her,,,what else,,,,Havana !,,,,,LOL .

She is an assassin !
She is the best little cat,,,,,,friendly to other animals,,,,,a loving cat to humans .
Never ever tries to scratch or bite .

But,,,,she sits in the yard and stalks anything else .
She is a killing machine !
Mice,,,,chipmunks,,,,,rabbits,,,,,birds ,,,,she culls nothing !

Hope you have a great race weekend .

Tommy

Why is fuel so much more in Pa. ?

Greed, bike lanes, almost free public transportation, 1000’s of bridges, family provided jobs, but here’s one that we will pay for for years. It’s a substance called “Salt Brine” that they lay on our roads before it snows. Created for people that can’t drive in snow. It creeps into every nook and cranny and eats whatever it touches. It loves concrete, bridge supports, asphalt, etc. road salt is bad but this stuff is 10
Times worse. It takes years of service off your automobiles.

Is that a Havana Brown ?

We have one just like her,,,we call her,,,what else,,,,Havana !,,,,,LOL .

She is an assassin !
She is the best little cat,,,,,,friendly to other animals,,,,,a loving cat to humans .
Never ever tries to scratch or bite .

But,,,,she sits in the yard and stalks anything else .
She is a killing machine !
Mice,,,,chipmunks,,,,,rabbits,,,,,birds ,,,,she culls nothing !

Hope you have a great race weekend .

Tommy

Honestly I’m not sure of her breed but it’s probably on her paperwork from when I took here to get fixed. I took 5 of the 8 in the house giving me 7. Those three love being outside.

IMG_3664.jpeg

IMG_3639.jpeg

IMG_3550.jpeg

Greed, bike lanes, almost free public transportation, 1000’s of bridges, family provided jobs, but here’s one that we will pay for for years. It’s a substance called “Salt Brine” that they lay on our roads before it snows. Created for people that can’t drive in snow. It creeps into every nook and cranny and eats whatever it touches. It loves concrete, bridge supports, asphalt, etc. road salt is bad but this stuff is 10
Times worse. It takes years of service off your automobiles.

Yup. They started using the **** out here.

If you can’t drive in the snow take an Uber or better yet, stay home.

It doesn’t matter anyway because when two snowflakes (meaning real snowflakes that are frozen) get together and discuss having a storm everything gets shut down.

Do they still use boiler slag or cinders on snow in western Pa?

Good luck and be safe this weekend!

Do they still use boiler slag or cinders on snow in western Pa?

Good luck and be safe this weekend!

My country township use’s almost zero road salt but when I go five miles in any direction boom, it’s everywhere. Years ago I used to hand sweep 250-300 feet of road a couple times a year to keep the dust down. We have a road sweeper now that usually works.

I got a nice early jump on getting ready for this weekends race at Dragway 42 so I didn’t have to kill myself today. I went and got propane and enough fuel in my motorhome to make it to Ohio so I can fill up cheaper. I have a 30 mile detour today as Freeport will be paying tribute to the local resident killed in the attempted Trump assassination last weekend. They had a memorial service at Lernerville dirt track last night for him. I didn’t know him but he was loved by many. I’ll stop at my favorite local meat market and grab a couple nice steaks to grill tonight after I get set up. I never race in the Thursday gamblers race as I get enough racing over the three days. I’ll probably end up right around a 6.03 dial and 1.067 in the delay box with 12 pounds in the rear slicks. All 10 kitty cats are set up with lots of food and water.

View attachment 1716277688

View attachment 1716277689

Hey John, is Dragway 42 the old one called Quaker City in Salem OHIO? I blew my 70 Duster there in 71 or 72.

Hey John, is Dragway 42 the old one called Quaker City in Salem OHIO? I blew my 70 Duster there in 71 or 72.

No Dragway 42 was open years ago and then closed to be rebuilt, totally rebuilt. Money troubles happened and the project practically stopped a couple times. It’s a very nice track. I shared a video years ago of the building of it. It was a drone video made during the build. This track is in the western side of Ackron Ohio. Quakers city is located close to Youngstown Ohio and is a very nice track. It was almost closed and turned into anything but a drag strip but was saved and appears to be doing well. I make it to both tracks 2-3 times a year.

No Dragway 42 was open years ago and then closed to be rebuilt, totally rebuilt. Money troubles happened and the project practically stopped a couple times. It’s a very nice track. I shared a video years ago of the building of it. It was a drone video made during the build. This track is in the western side of Ackron Ohio. Quakers city is located close to Youngstown Ohio and is a very nice track. It was almost closed and turned into anything but a drag strip but was saved and appears to be doing well. I make it to both tracks 2-3 times a year.
I only went there one time PID in Pgh. and they made me run X Rejct class because I had a carb spacer under a Holly 780. also tried the one in Fairmont, WV the return road had such a hard turn I thought I was going to lose my slicks and crash.The most I raced was Keystone. They used to be open 3 days a week and was not busy like the Sundays race day was. You could get a ton of runs in. I miss those old days!!!

-
Back