Aloha from Maui

-

mauivaliant

Reaction score
Just wanted to say aloha to all, great site have been collecting lots of ideas on how to work on my engine. Purchased a 1975 Valiant Brougham with the slant 6 single barrel. Will post pics soon. Anyone else from Hawaii?

Welcome to FABO, mauivaliant, from SoCal. You're going to have fun here.
Only been to Maui once back in 1990. Absolutely loved it! Almost cried when I had to come home. Seeing the sun come up over the big island from the top of Haleakala and then the bicycle ride down is outstanding!

Welcome! I'm originally from Oahu, but been in Vegas for the past 6 years. My Duster is still in Hawaii.....at least until September.

welcome to the site. I"m actually in Honolulu at the moment till Aug 6th (live in Seatac, Wa though).

thanks for the welcom. my son and i are planning to remove the engine this weekend before school starts again. any ideas on the best way to remove? been reading how some guys take out from the bottom.

how do you upload pics?

To take it out above, remove rad, maybe remove grill if you're worried about bumping it and cracking it, disconnect all electrical from engine, disconnect shifter linkage, remove driveshaft from yoke (I'd keep the yoke in the tranny so you don't lose tranny fluid everywhere), unbolt exhaust from manifold, and unbolt engine from motor mounts. Use an engine hoist, and put a bolt in the front and rear of the head through a chain, to use with your engine hoist. Lift slowly, and have someone else with you to guide the tranny out after the engine, careful to not smack anything. Good luck, hope I didn't miss anything.

Aloha!! I live on Oahu!! Welcome to FABO!!!! Awesome site and members!!!!!! Do you visit Oahu once in awhile? Talk to you soon!!

-
Back