Also new from the uk

-

Demon James

Reaction score
:newb: Hi all, I'm also a new member to FABO from England :hello2:I have owned a 71 Demon 340 for the last year and a half and lovin every minute of it, even the odd breakdown:D

I,ve been on the Mopar Muscle Association forum in th UK since I bought the car but thought I'd better join here as I have gained some knowledge from you guys so only fair I say hi I guess. I recently found the correct measurements to fit my new rear spoiler here, cheers guys. Although I have the correct trunk with the spoiler cut outs underneath it was reasurering to get the correct location so I only drilled once :thumblef:

Anyhow, its cold and wet here now till the spring so I think I'll be visiting you guys online with questions as I'm planning on taking the heads off and things to have a look see what's going on inside, especially as a recent trip to Santa Pod Drag Strip only produced runs in th low 16's :banghead:

I'm no motor mechanic but fast becoming one in the last year or so:finga:

Attachments

• IMG_0582 (Small).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 170
welcome, i was at the mopat nats this year (minus car) what a great event, been going for about 6 years, ive looked at the mma website some good info on there too

might see you at an event or 2 next year

Hi James
Saw your car at the Nats this year. Great looking car . Is this the one Dean imported recently? I'm sure you have better than low 16's in the car. My 69 340 4 speed Dart ran 14.1 on street tyres and full exhaust at this years Nats with camping gear in the boot. Is the Demon 4 speed or Torqueflite?
Some top dollar Mopars over here in the UK but sorry no pics take a look on here http://www.moparuk.com/index.php

Yes Paul340 it is the one from Skippy. Its a torqueflite727 and I've just fitted a floor shifter as the column shift had too much play I had the choice of reaching PARK or 1st, I went for PARK:D for safety. That alone should bring the times down a bit as it was shifting to 2nd at 1800rpm by the time i reached the tree!!! Managed to get hold of a good spoiler here in the UK too, thats gotta be good for half a second:burnout:8-):D:DSuppose I should put some pics up on another thread really rather than hiding in the newbie area:eek:ops:

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy it here. Great people and information.

Enjoy the ride!

We love pictures - Post some of that cool Dart if you get the time...

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 1st Drag Race 3 QTR Rear View Pits.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 96
Welcome, looking forward to pic's from the other side of the pond. As far as the spoiler and picking up some time, stickers make it go faster too, lol

-
Back