-
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I need a good working alt..mine has died which is why my battery continues to die...I let the car warm up and pull the pos. cable off and the car dies =(

That's a sure way to kill an alternator. Usually blows the diodes out when you do that. Have the battery and charging system tested so you know for sure. If you find you need an alternator, I have one for $15.00 plus the UPS ride. Last time I checked, rebuilt ones weren't all that much at Kragen or Autozone.
Thanks, Mark

Don't buy it from Autozone, get a good one and avoid the headaches.

Even NAPA's aren't much better. I bought one from NAPA and in less than 4000 miles it has went bad. It was one of their more expensive ones too. I rebuilt it myself this time. Been working ok since, knock on wood.

New? Who's got any of those? If you're talking rebuilt, they're all subbed out to a factory somewhere unless you have a local builder that you trust to do a complete job. We have one in town....they replace everything but the case and rotor and charge $95.00 for it, either exchange or build yours. If money is not a problem, go for that route. Personally, I've not had a problem with any of the used ones I've installed over the years and it's not as if it takes hours to install one. If it goes bad, 10 minutes later you have another in it's place. Keep a spare in the garage.
Thanks, Mark

New? Who's got any of those? If you're talking rebuilt, they're all subbed out to a factory somewhere unless you have a local builder that you trust to do a complete job. We have one in town....they replace everything but the case and rotor and charge $95.00 for it, either exchange or build yours. If money is not a problem, go for that route. Personally, I've not had a problem with any of the used ones I've installed over the years and it's not as if it takes hours to install one. If it goes bad, 10 minutes later you have another in it's place. Keep a spare in the garage.
Thanks, Mark

That's exactly what I meant. Have a local reputable guy rebuild it, it will basically be brand new minus the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back