Altered Vin. How to figure the original VIn

-
Thanks for the replies. I may as you mentioned just leave it be. It is not a rare car any more than any 60s A body in general any more. It was originally a 273 2bbl car.
It is just one of my regrets from back then. Every time I start planning a build of some sort, the vin pops in my head. What I should have done way back when is buy this car for a project and just keep lookingredients for a quarter panel for the original to keep it on the road.

Thanks for the replies. I may as you mentioned just leave it be. It is not a rare car any more than any 60s A body in general any more. It was originally a 273 2bbl car.
It is just one of my regrets from back then. Every time I start planning a build of some sort, the vin pops in my head. What I should have done way back when is buy this car for a project and just keep lookingredients for a quarter panel for the original to keep it on the road.

And...the next time you're worried about something that may possibly cause legal problems, don't ask about it on the internet!

And...the next time you're worried about something that may possibly cause legal problems, don't ask about it on the internet!
I asked about vin locations in order to avoid legal problems. I would have really liked to register it with the proper VIN . That is looking to be difficult.
It is easy to do things against the law. I am not wanting to go down that path. I would never go on the Internet and ask how to do something illegal.

Thanks for the replies. I may as you mentioned just leave it be......
It is just one of my regrets from back then. Every time I start planning a build of some sort, the vin pops in my head. What I should have done way back when is buy this car for a project and just keep looking for a quarter panel for the original to keep it on the road.

You sound like a Catholic.

I was one once....you'll grow out of it.

:)

-
Back