AlterK users.

-
I'm running an RMS Alterkation in my 74 Dart with a 440 with Mazzoloni 2 1/8" headers. I'm very happy with the combination.

Have one in my Duster with the old Pro Parts headers no problems straight forward install.

I don't really think you would have issues with any header you would want to run with the Alterkation. It opens up so much room by getting rid of the torsion bars and factory steering.

He does sell TTI but he also sells the old Pro Parts partial fender well headers and that is what I'm running.

Tti I think make a set just for the alter-k. Best bet is to call bill.

I love the pro parts headers but they aren't something I would use on an alter-k equipped car.

because compared to say a tti they hang lower and why put tubes through the fender well when you don't have to.

Well if you already have em, why buy new ones.

doesn't sound like the original poster has any headers. it was directed towards him.

even if i already have pro parts style header i would sell them and buy an under carriage style like the tti because they offer more ground clearance. i like my car sitting low with the alter-k. if i'm gonna make it sit high enough for that extra clearance i may as well keep the stock suspension. but hey thats just my opinion...

I see your point but you can only go so low and still have the correct travel amounts on the coil overs, unless you use shorter ones. if you already have the headers installed then you have to patch the holes and re-paint the engine compartment. Thats more $$, I agree with your view but you also have to take into consideration what oil pan you have too. In my case the pan is lower than the headers by at least a couple inches, and thats with a Charlie's pan made for the AlterK.

I see your point but you can only go so low and still have the correct travel amounts on the coil overs, unless you use shorter ones. if you already have the headers installed then you have to patch the holes and re-paint the engine compartment. Thats more $$, I agree with your view but you also have to take into consideration what oil pan you have too. In my case the pan is lower than the headers by at least a couple inches, and thats with a Charlie's pan made for the AlterK.

thats all well and good. like i said i was referring to the original poster who sounds like he doesn't have headers at all.

and like i said, me personally. i would sell the pro parts and patch the holes and run the full undercarriage header. to me if it has to sit higher to fit the header then i'm just going to stick with the stock suspension. i have run pro parts in the past and installed quite a few pairs for friends and love those things, but they do sit kinda low in the cross member area which makes them not ideal for me if i'm running an alter-k. i'd go with the TTI headers...

Since the OP did not say what all he has and does not have I figured I would just bring out some other points. But yes they do hang lower then the TTI's and they are also longer from what I have seen.

Would like some feedback on header choices.

i take this as he doesn't have any headers which is why he is asking for feedback on the different choices. to me if you don't have any then proparts isn't even a consideration. but like i said thats my opinion.

yes proparts are quite a bit longer. can install them with the motor in place and all.. its sweet, great header, love those things on a stock suspension car. but with an alter-k i think there are far better choices out there. and its not like they are still only $300 like they were when i ran them.. :)

Called Bill. Only one he suggested were TTI. But doesn't he have something going with TTI?

I think they may have worked with each other to ensure the TTI headers fit on the Alter-K. IMO, TTI headers seem to be good headers as is. I'd say that may be a better option than taking your guesses with a different header that may be cheaper (not sure if cost is your main worry). But, if you bought a $4k tubular K-member, IMO, you shouldn't be getting $200 headers.

I actually went with the AlterK because my 2 1/8" proparts headers did not fit with the torsion bars. The bad thing about the TTI's or most any in chassis header is that they capture the starter so bad when you start running a real big tube.

-
Back