Alternator with mid plate, vac pump & belt drive fuel pump

-

dusterdragracer

Drag Racer
Reaction score
Got my alternator mounted on the mid plate, along with a belt drive fuel pump, and vacuum pump. Had to scratch my head a while with this one.
I used the CVR mini 75 amp alternator, with their BB Chevrolet mid plate mount.
Turned it around backwards. It was tight squeeze. had to move a few things around to make it work.
Great to see 14 volts on the gauge......Never charge between rounds again.

Click here:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203178761656180&l=2454011054858847420

Attachments

• CIMG4898.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 463
  • CIMG4904.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 394
I think I see an engine in there..... is that a valve cover in the upper right? :) Clean looking mill!

Alternator mounted on the mid plate really got my attention so I had to look . You have the alternator mounted on the "engine plate ". The "mid plate" is the plate that is in between the engine and the trans .

Good work by the way on mounting job ,,,,,

The grammar police has left the thread

Nice job !
I went down low , but fortunately I didn't have a fuel pump and a vacuum pump to wrestle with too........or a water pump. lol

Attachments

• motor plate 003.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 299
Alternator mounted on the mid plate really got my attention so I had to look . You have the alternator mounted on the "engine plate ". The "mid plate" is the plate that is in between the engine and the trans .

Yeah I thought I was about to see some crazy converter driven thing I'd never seen before lol

I have one mounted there too......LOL

man..u really turned that thing around...lol ida never thought of mounting the alternator that way...LOL

nice work.

Nice. I bought the car with everything already installed. So I had to use the only pulley left, and squeeze it in. I would rather have mounted it like yours. Yours looks awesome.

Thanks.
Like I said , I am glad I didn't have a vacuum pump and fuel pump in there too.
Flipping the alternator around was an inspired bit of engineering.
And not having to worry about between round charging is HUGE !

-
Back