Alternator

-

gipperco

Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with a pick a part clerk, he told me that you can convert a 3 wire alternator to a 1 wire alternator thus making the need to purchase a 1 wire version. Has anyone done this? what is necessary to do it? Was it cost effective? I have a good 3 wire and need a 1 wire for the race car that we are building. The cheapest I can find a 1 wire for is about 60.00 + 15.00 core charge.

So I just got off the phone with a pick a part clerk, he told me that you can convert a 3 wire alternator to a 1 wire alternator thus making the need to purchase a 1 wire version. Has anyone done this? what is necessary to do it? Was it cost effective? I have a good 3 wire and need a 1 wire for the race car that we are building. The cheapest I can find a 1 wire for is about 60.00 + 15.00 core charge.

I think you need to run an internal regulator. I have a one wire I got from summit.. It works great and came powdercoated black!

Here is what summit has for mopar a-body la engine. I have the TUFF Stuff black 100amp $125.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Ignitions-Electrical/Part-Type/Alternators-and-Generators/Make/CHRYSLER/Engine-Size/5-9L-360/One-Wire-Capable/Yes/?Ns=Rank|Asc&RC=100

-
Back