aluminum heads

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

THE STEVE

"part-time wheelman"
Reaction score
i have a 360 out of a 77 dodge van. its stock bore, flat tops. has an erson cam with around 480 lift 292 duration. i would like to get some aluminum heads for it. or even some higher comp iron heads for it. what do you guys recomend? i am on a budget, whats the best bang for the buck? thanks

RHS X heads. They are iron.

Check with Brian at Indio Motor Machine. Goes by ou812 here on the board. He does them up with a 2.02 valve and they work very well. Ready to run with Beehive springs in the 1300-1400 range. Quality part.

Edelbrock rpm heads about 800 I think, check summit racing

Or if your a big spender you can always get Mopar W series heads

Or if your a big spender you can always get Mopar W series heads

yep and those are also capable of alot more power compared to the prehistoric design of LA or Magnum based heads:cheers:
there is also the choise of indy and brodix,but brodix is a kind of sad deal since the heads seem to have potential but there is no headers available that one can say for sure that they fit

i have a 360 out of a 77 dodge van. its stock bore, flat tops. has an erson cam with around 480 lift 292 duration. i would like to get some aluminum heads for it. or even some higher comp iron heads for it. what do you guys recomend? i am on a budget, whats the best bang for the buck? thanks

Yeah W series, indy and brodix fits here.

None of those are even close to budget related IMHO.

Yeah W series, indy and brodix fits here.

None of those are even close to budget related IMHO.

you know sometimes there is deals out there that is a dream come true if you have alitle money at the right time and are in the right place...
and its often cheaper to pay alitle more in the first place than paying twice
thinking out loud

i am on a budget, whats the best bang for the buck? thanks

As far as used heads are go, a simple milling, pocket porting with good valves is all you'll need for that low lift cam. The flow area under curve is what you should be interested in only and the OE iron heads can deliever preety well for a very inexpensive price.

the best bang for the buck
re work your heads and get some new higher comp pistons

I wouldn't do it with that cam. I'd back cut the OE valves the 360 head came with and do a bowl porting. Port matching if the budget allows it.

I wouldn't do it with that cam. I'd back cut the OE valves the 360 head came with and do a bowl porting. Port matching if the budget allows it.

This. This is your best advice on the thread. No surprises there, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back