Aluminum pan for 904?

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
Ok, finally getting ready to remove/build my 904.

I have heard the Summit aluminum pans are crap, and that I shouldn't bother with them. Is this true? I don't see how they can be that bad, but then again....

Summit Pan: $102
Mopar Pan: $162

I don't like to waste money unnecessarily, but am I better off buying the Mopar pan?

Since you talk about not unnecessarily wasting money, whats wrong with the stock pan? I'm running a stock pan in my drag car that runs low 11's.

Chuck

:dontknow:

I just figured a new pan was a worth while upgrade. Fluid capacity, heat dissipation, and it was my understanding the thicker aluminum pan helps to stregthen the case.

Sooooo..it's a complete waste of money and I might as well not bother? #-o

I guess heat isn't really an issue, since I will have a B&M cooler in the ciruit after the radiator.

I would like to put one on my duster.

I am just looking something with a plug so I don't slop it everywhere when I change the fluid and filter.

I spent $50 or around that for my MP stamped pan. Didnt feel the aluminum was worth it. Came with a plug, +1 quart, and the filter spacer from Summit.

Yeah, I was considering that for the extra quart and drain plug also. I can get it for just under $50 from my dealer contact. Then again, I can always weld a B&M plug into my current pan and call it good.

That's what I did for my Ram. Drilled the pan and added a B&M plug. However, I didn't use the cheesy platic seal. I JB Welded the plug housing right to the pan (didn't have a welder back then).

-
Back