[FOR SALE] Aluminum rod/W5 340 engine components w/904 transmission & converter

-

Jettech

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Aluminum rod/W5 340 engine components & 904 transmission from a project I abandoned back in 1989/90-ish. Located in central Ohio, 43137.

$5,500.00 for all.

Package includes:

Machined +0.030 Block 2780930-340-2 / 3B183355: O-Ring’d / water jackets partially filled to bottom of freeze plugs

Crank installed – Mains unknown / Rods = -0.020 Forged

Milodon Stud Kit – Mains81185

Milodon Stud Kit – Heads80235

Super Damper P/N unknown (expect equivalent to ATI 918282E)

Rods w/bearings Bill Miller Engineering (327) Aluminum

Pistons w/Total seal rings Bill Miller Engineering (67)

Cam Lunati roller (P/N ?? expect @.750 lift)

Lifters Lunati roller (P/N 72340)

Rocker Arm Assy Harland Sharp

Valve Spring set P/N unknown (expect Lunati matched to cam)

Heads – 04452926-W5 Ported (Flow info unknown)

Intake Valves Titanium (2.08 – Manufacturer & P/N unknown; one has an abrasion – see pics)

Push Rods P/N unknown

Valve Covers Moroso 68151

Distributor MSD 8534

Other misc parts – oil pan, aluminum plates to custom fabricate intake, head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, etc. (see pics)

Torque Converter Turbo Action 19508XXSM44 5500 Stall

Transmission (Custom built by my father for this Dart project). Unsure of internal parts, he was a well known transmission builder and a machinist who routinely made custom or modified existing parts. I expect that it is rev-manual with appropriate modifications and parts for street racing using the listed converter & engine parts in a full body Dart. (A bit of a roll of the dice and the package is priced accordingly. I’m certain that it is a fully rebuilt transmission that has been stored since 1989/90.)

I started this project in 89/90(?) and then unexpectedly deployed w/USAF in fall of 90 for an extended time so short-block was disassembled for long term storage w/Pistons, rings, and rods marked per cylinder. Life got in the way and sold the car, etc. I have forgotten most of the details about the build. Head port flow, expected compression ratio, cam specs, bob weight for balance, etc. all unknown/un-remembered and requires reconfirmation. As best I can recall the heads were ready for assembly.

Parts sold as is w/no warranty. My only guarantee is that items are as described. If necessary I can pull the cam gear off and see if there is a P/N visible on the cam.

I am open to trades with cash going either direction. Things I’d be interested in negotiating a trade include:

A quality motorcycle / ATV lift (Not Harbor Freight)
1979/80 Honda CBX motorcycle and/or parts
4wd extended cab, long(ish) bed, pickup w/trailer hitch. Nothing fancy, think farm truck. Ideally, a Dakota with hand crank windows.

Had to collage the pictures due to ten (10) pic limit. I’ll check responses daily, typically in the AM EST and answer/reply in order received.

--r

Block.jpg

Pistons and Rods.jpg

Heads.jpg

Valve gear - Intake.jpg

Trans converter distributor and misc.jpg

Aluminum rod/W5 340 engine components & 904 transmission from a project I abandoned back in 1989/90-ish. Located in central Ohio, 43137.

$5,500.00 for all.

Package includes:

Machined +0.030 Block 2780930-340-2 / 3B183355: O-Ring’d / water jackets partially filled to bottom of freeze plugs

Intake Valves Titanium (2.08 – Manufacturer & P/N unknown; one has an abrasion – see pics)

Push Rods P/N unknown

Distributor MSD 8534

Other misc parts – oil pan, aluminum plates to custom fabricate intake, head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, etc. (see pics)

Transmission (Custom built by my father for this Dart project). Unsure of internal parts, he was a well known transmission builder and a machinist who routinely made custom or modified existing parts. I expect that it is rev-manual with appropriate modifications and parts for street racing using the listed converter & engine parts in a full body Dart. (A bit of a roll of the dice and the package is priced accordingly. I’m certain that it is a fully rebuilt transmission that has been stored since 1989/90.)

I started this project in 89/90(?) and then unexpectedly deployed w/USAF in fall of 90 for an extended time so short-block was disassembled for long term storage w/Pistons, rings, and rods marked per cylinder. Life got in the way and sold the car, etc. I have forgotten most of the details about the build. Head port flow, expected compression ratio, cam specs, bob weight for balance, etc. all unknown/un-remembered and requires reconfirmation. As best I can recall the heads were ready for assembly.

Parts sold as is w/no warranty. My only guarantee is that items are as described. If necessary I can pull the cam gear off and see if there is a P/N visible on the cam.

I am open to trades with cash going either direction. Things I’d be interested in negotiating a trade include:

4wd extended cab, long(ish) bed, pickup w/trailer hitch. Nothing fancy, think farm truck. Ideally, a Dakota with hand crank windows.

Had to collage the pictures due to ten (10) pic limit. I’ll check responses daily, typically in the AM EST and answer/reply in order received.

--r

View attachment 1716222418

View attachment 1716222442

View attachment 1716222443

View attachment 1716222446

View attachment 1716222447
IMG_6433.JPG

$5,500.00 for all.

Package includes:

Push Rods P/N unknown

Distributor MSD 8534

--r

IMG_6130.JPG

$5,500.00 for all.

Package includes:

Push Rods P/N unknown

Distributor MSD 8534

--r

IMG_6146.JPG

IMG_6251.JPG

-
Back