aluminum scattershield?

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
ok a friend of mine says he has an aluminum scattershield, dont know what brand and i havent seen it yet but i've never seen or heard of an aluminum scattershield i wouldnt think they would hold up like the steel one's? is this peice rare, or is he for real? will post pics as soon as i aquire.

I have an alum. bell housing,but I went with a lakewood steel one(running452hp,4 speed)for needing my feet reasonsLOL!!

ive got a csr scattershield thats aluminum around the drum with a steel collar around the converter. oops its a 727 not a 4 jerk

most muscle cars came stock with an aluminum bellhousing from factory, if the cluthc were to fail in a bad way (like an explosion!) its cast aluminum construction would do little to protect your feet (or even the rest of your car) from damage caused by scrapnel pieces that used to be your clutch!!

As far as I know all SFI rated bellhousings (scattershields) are made of steel. That is what you want if you are going to drive a high performance hard!

Bob

PS: if you go fast enough with an automatic and you will need a trans blanket to protect you from a transmission exposion.

-
Back