Aluminum vs. steel roller rockers?

-
I wouldn't have a problem with either one but I like the stainless better. I am gonna have to make the same decision after we build my 318. Caint quite afford um yet, but it will be an after thought.

Hughes Engines have an interesting read on just this.
i think they prefer quality aluminum.

i have 1.5 hughes roller rockers on my 318, and 1.6 hughes roller rockers on my 408...very good rocker arm...

If it is a street engine with low spring pressures, you would probably be ok with either...but since cost is the same, I would go with the stainless for the strength. If it will have a bigger cam w/ more spring, keep reading.

FWIW, I gotta throw in my 2 cents on cheap rockers. This was even on KMJ's web page (which I thought was ironic) "Do you really want to save 50$ on something that has the potential of costing you 1000's in the end?" This is a great quote…and it is also why I’m installing Harland Sharps on my 410 stroker this spring.

I dont know if it matters. But I try to shy away from stainless because It is brittle I heard that it will fatigue from vibration. Dont know if this is true or not, just something I had always heard.

I'm going with the Comp high energy rollers, at least i'm getting a name brand, i'm sure they will hold up fine.

-
Back