aluminum washer bottle

-

burdar

Owen's Dad
Reaction score
Has anyone used a universal bottle like this on their A-body? I don't think the stock plastic tank is going to look right in my engine compartment. This one is fairly inexpensive and could be a good starting point. I think it might work with some modifications.

Windscreen Washer Bottle Aluminium Alloy Polished Intercooler Spray Tank 2 litre | eBay

Machine off the mounting tabs and make custom tabs to mount it to the existing holes on the inner fender. The pump hole would probably need to be welded shut and a new hole drilled closer to the edge.

One thing I noticed is that the stock bottle is angled where the pump mounts. I assume the pump is angled slightly to clear the inner fender. With a horizontal mounting area, the pump might hit the inner fender.

Just wondering if anyone has used one of these already. Thanks

I suppose if I can use a shotgun shell thermos for a coolant recovery tank you should be able to use that as a washer tank. :D
On my washer I used an external inline pump from a GM truck that does not need to go into the tank.
You can connect the pump inline with the hose and put it where you want it, so that way all you have to do on the tank is put a fitting on it.

-
Back