Aluminum Water Pump Housing

-
C.A.T. facility is nearby, wonder if it is their outlet? Prices looks good to me, some have said the aftermarket (all) AL water pump housings have a restriction in one of the castings that can cause low volume and poor cooling.

some have said the aftermarket (all) AL water pump housings have a restriction in one of the castings that can cause low volume and poor cooling.

I think I am starting to agree with you on this. I bought an aluminum housing and waterpump from 440 source, and my car has ran warmer ever since. This year I am trying a remanufactured cast iron pump with larger fins in the aluminum housing to see if its better. If not, I'm going back to the cast iron housing.

If you buy that housing, let us know how it worked.

I have one from 440 source to and my engine temp was at 180 all day.It also had no restrictions in it.The person that sold it to me said that I didn't want the housing with there name on it.Maybe that's the difference the one with there name on it has a restriction. Mark
I think I am starting to agree with you on this. I bought an aluminum housing and waterpump from 440 source, and my car has ran warmer ever since. This year I am trying a remanufactured cast iron pump with larger fins in the aluminum housing to see if its better. If not, I'm going back to the cast iron housing.

If you buy that housing, let us know how it worked.

-
Back