Am I asking too much? 1965 Dart 270

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a big deal for seveal reasons, the biggest is that in the 1960s, pillarless cars were more desirable due to the cleaner look with the windows down (that includes perofrmance models like the Road Runner and Super Bee). That's just the way it is, but there was also a time when you couldn't give away a Barracuda coupe as the fastbacks were considerably more desirable. It doesn't matter what ONE person likes better, it's about how many will be interested. I've been around this hobby since the late 70s and I wouldn't consider a sedan for a build. Yes, it may be an old bias, but I'm not the only one (actually, I'm to the point where I wouldn't consider something with a permanent roof...).

I'm actually surprised that you (and maybe other people) are biased against a post car. I my circles, most WANT a post car over a hardtop for the rigidity factor that the post offers. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that "if it were a post car, I would be all over it". Racers love them, and I had a guy buy a 67 Coronet post car from me, and paid us to deliver it all the way into Canada!!

IMO, a post Roadrunner is much more scarce than a hardtop model, and most people around here will seek one out and pass on the hartops!!

I agree that this little Dart may not benefit from being a post model, but I don't think thats what is keeping the sale from happening, I think right now it's a matter of seasonable timing, and the fact that it is a /6 and needs an interior, all for a price that may not reflect those needs!! JMO of course, but I sell a lot of cars and stuff and I know what I hear people want!! Geof

I think you're too high. I paid $5500 for my V8 GT convertible and I think I overpaid a bit.

That said, you will probably have better luck selling it by driving it around with a for sale sign. Or park it on a busy street with a sign on it. I don't think there are that many people searching for a 65 Dart. But when they see they might get turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back