Am I committing a Mopar SIN!!!!

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Ok I have been trying to sell my 72 Duster shell for a couple of months locally and nobody wants it. It doesn't have a title, interior, trunk floor, drive train, nothing. Just a bare shell I tried to sell as a roller with 8 3/4 rear and Big Bolt Pattern disc brakes and a good running 318/904 for $450 still nothing. I have a guy coming tomorrow to buy the empty shell for $75 for scrap. Is that wrong of me? I need it gone really bad and I am NOT gonna work on it and I refuse to cut it up. I even tried to sell the really nice inner fenders and front frame rails too still nothing. I am keeping the fender tag and VIN but only as a reminder of what will never be. I guess let the burning begin.

I don't see it as a sin. If you have offered it cheap and no one comes up with the cash. Keep the good parts and get rid of the rest. You can only hold on to them so long. Good luck. I also know someone that may buy all the disk stuff depending on what you want.

Jeremy

How much for the 8 3/4? I will drive there and pay you for it this week if the price is fair.

A running, driving 72 Duster with BBP, 8-3/4 rear, disc brakes, 318/auto for $450.00?
If it was up here, it would be a $2000 car unless it's just so rotted it can't be fixed.
Too bad, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I would have given it away to a young kid when it was still a driver.

George

The disc's I sold and shipped to a member on here this morning to use on a father/ son project. But I have everything else still.

taillight lenses or grille there? front glass any good? I wish I was closer and I would get the whole thing.

No sorry no grille or usable taillights. If I had a way to haul it I have a good front glass and I am driving from Nc to Ky on Monday.

You stated that you refuse to cut it up, but you're selling it for scrap??? I'd remove or CUT anything off thats any good on it, scrap price isn't going to change that much.. The crusher doesn't care what you stick in it and press the button...

Put everything you can on all the mopar sites for sale, bump the hell out of the ads, and hit up craigslist also....get pic, pics, and more pics, everyone loves pics.
Gotta deal with weirdo's, especially from here....kidding, but it's worth the hassle if you want to sell stuff because it ain't gonna jump out of your driveway and sell itself, gotta work for it.
Threatening to cut it up for scrap is a great sales tactic, and it's been proven, ha, ha.

Damn--- wish I lived a couple of 100 miles closer, I'd give ya $75 for it and have that thing cut up in about 3-hours and have it in the back of my truck..

I have a guy coming to get the shell thats why it is going to scrap. There isn't a single bolt left in the car everything has been removed. I would save it but I can't get a title in NC, the front driver floor pan is rusty, the rear quarters are rusty, the trunk floor and extensions are gone, the roof to quarter seam is rusted through, and I need a 6 inch patch for the right rear frame rail. If I had a title I would keep it but I am not gonna spend $300-400 to get one for a car that needs everything, literally EVERYTHING replace. I have no interior for the car either, I do have a couple sets of seats for it but they need work to. Also I have sold the 73-up disc brake and B-Body 8 3/4 in the past 18 hours to members here. At least I am not scrapping everything I am using it to keep others cars on the road. If someone wants something then step up otherwise tomorrow there will be one less /6 Duster in the world. Not trying to get pissy but I have been trying for 2-3 months locally and nobody wants it.

Ok I am willing to cut it up but you have to speak up now as it is going come hell or high water to the scrapper tomorrow.

If you've de-parted it and it's that bad rusty, I wouldn't feel bad about selling it for scrap... Sometimes their just "DEAD", can't save em' all...

Doesn't bother me to lay a blade and grinder to anything if it's to far gone.. Gettin' ready to cut on a 64- 2 door falcon next week to get metal to use on my 66-valiant...

To bad your on the other end of the world, I could of used the trans and D-Shaft tunnel from fire wall to rear. Guess I'll just have to do some other kind of thing.

To bad your on the other end of the world, I could of used the trans and D-Shaft tunnel from fire wall to rear. Guess I'll just have to do some other kind of thing.

How much do you need? Do you need the torsion bar x member or just the sheet metal portion?

And yes I have huge ones. My house is the first one in the neighborhood. Everybody drives by it.

Do you need all the way to the rear seat hump or all the way to the package tray braces? If you are willing to pay for it and shipping I will cut it out.

Do you need all the way to the rear seat hump or all the way to the package tray braces? If you are willing to pay for it and shipping I will cut it out.

It would all depend on how much it would cost shipped to 85224, but I don't think it would be worth it. Oh and it would be all the way to the braces. Might be able to cut in half to shorten for shipping.

-
Back