Am i crazy or am i on to something here?

-
I would tear down the 340 and go through it for "within service spec" It might take less then thought to return it to service.

Your 340 only really matters in the world of numbers matching IMO.... Everything else is just hoopla talk. There is definitely a mystique to people when it comes to those 3 digits and a penestar attached to it.....

Your life today may not be the same a month from now. First and foremost take care of the family..... Everything else will fall into place after that. I had a sweet 318 I sold last year for 300.00 and those deals are out there.

Would I sell it to fund getting my car running if that's what is on my mind? In a heartbeat. Down the road you may do something completely different and the 340 would be irrelevant. Make your decision and don't look back. I have a feeling you would enjoy just having the car running. And if you feel the need for some extra umphhh in the future, throw gas on top of it for short burst of insanity....

Or you could find out just what you have with your 340 and make it work. Since I don't know the condition of the 340 my suggestion is the quickest route most likely to getting what you want....

Good luck,
JW

Thanks everyone, its all good info and I value all your opinions. I'm going to think on it for a while. I have been looking locally and 318 and 360's that are running always seem to come out of motorhomes. A couple members have PM'd me about selling or trading also and I will look into those option's as well.

-
Back