Am I doing this right?

-

DentalDart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We bought a new house last month that we have yet to move into yet… remodeling the upstairs and it’s been a long process….

This is the true beauty of getting to live in the country and away from the city.

IMG_4396.jpeg

IMG_4403.jpeg

IMG_4471.jpeg

IMG_4472.jpeg

IMG_4527.jpeg

IMG_4559.jpeg

IMG_4571.jpeg

IMG_4619.jpeg

IMG_4663.jpeg

You know salt licks and feeding the deer is cheating, don't you. :lol::D

Im not hunting, I’ve seen a couple smaller 4 and 5 point bucks and a lot of turkey on my property but it used to have way more. But I am also not there 24/7 so I don’t see any morning or evening traffic.
I only spread 50lbs or corn, 30lbs of buck berry protein pellets and some other attractive edibles.

The new trees we planted are an apple tree and a pear tree. There is already a lot of oak trees that drop acorns and a persimmon tree.

These pictures are from the old owner.

IMG_4757.jpeg

IMG_4758.jpeg

IMG_4759.jpeg

That is awesome! Glad to see you and the family settled in.

Haha we haven’t moved in yet. House still needs floors finished. We decided to match the wood floors throughout the main level of the house. The floor guy does it part time on his off days from being a fire fighter.

He hopes to be done by the end of the month.

And illegal in some places. It might be wise to move the salt and food behind the tree line if there's any chance it will attract attention.

We have already adopted another kitten to go along with the 3 barn cats that came with the house and that red dog is a stray that doesn’t want to leave. Heck, he is way more well behaved than our other 3 dogs.

IMG_4281.jpeg

IMG_4700.png

IMG_4711.jpeg

IMG_4731.jpeg

And illegal in some places. It might be wise to move the salt and food behind the tree line if there's any chance it will attract attention.

It’s definitely illegal to do it here during hunting season if you’re hunting. I also believe if you get caught shooting a deer within 500 yards of a feeder you can get in big trouble.

Im surrounded by almost 300acres of private property and none of us hunt.

I have 150 more lbs of corn to keep the food supply going and I’m gonna do a food plot then add some clover or alfalfa to our field next year.

Man, what an awesome spread. I'm jealous. With all the land to tend to, and children's extracurricular activities, will you still have time to work on the darts?

Man, what an awesome spread. I'm jealous. With all the land to tend to, and children's extracurricular activities, will you still have time to work on the darts?

Both Darts are sitting in different garages. We have 20 acres, I only have to mow 3ish acres? Takes about 2 hours. The rest is wooded or hayed, the hayed portion is done by a local farmer.

I plan on working on the new dart over the winter, hopefully. Until then it’s sitting in a shop next to my new zero turn which is a blast to ride.

IMG_4624.jpeg

IMG_4542.jpeg

You guys are off to a great start. Talking about going all in. Keep us updated

So many younger adults my age or younger want to move to big cities. They don’t realize everything you give up or miss out on. Big cities have more crime, worse school systems, and way more putrid politicians running things.

Long as cats are in the picture, you're doin it right.

So many younger adults my age or younger want to move to big cities. They don’t realize everything you give up or miss out on. Big cities have more crime, worse school systems, and way more putrid politicians running things.

I’ve been a country boy since 1984 and love it. Currently our school boards are our worse enemy with some of their liberal policies and million dollar sports programs. If tiddly winks was a sport we would have a program.

You're absolutely doing it right Doc! Enjoy every minute of it, because you'll blink your eyes a few times and look around and be in your late 50's with grandkids, wondering WTH happened and where the time went! Time goes by quickly....and it's the one thing you can never get back. You're doing great.

:thumbsup:

You're absolutely doing it right Doc! Enjoy every minute of it, because you'll blink your eyes a few times and look around and be in your late 50's with grandkids, wondering WTH happened and where the time went! Time goes by quickly....and it's the one thing you can never get back. You're doing great.
What he said!

I'm 58 on the outside, but still feel 30-ish on the inside, and wondering to myself, "Where did all the years go?"

You only go 'round once, so don't waste a day of it!

Last edited:
There is no you will ever move back to Vegas after getting a taste of country life! Congrats on everything you are doing and looks like you have your family in a great place so enjoy it while you can. What Zero turn did you get? Joe

-
Back