Am I Going To Be Happy With This Camshaft?

-
Do you feel like running the numbers I’m going to post about Rusty’s engine through PT?

I’d love to see what it says.

As long as Rusty doesn’t care we are posting about his stuff.

Already did. @RustyRatRod do you have an image of the graphs I sent you? He was as close to 300 HP as I think you can get a NA slant with a factory (well worked head). He has enough compression to keep the low end torque up nice too. His cranking pressure is up there though.

Ok, here you go Rusty.

295/260 .535
309/274 .535
104/100

I forgot to run this through speedware.

I’ll do that now.

Edit: I ran the numbers through speedware. As I expected, that 104/100 LSA/ICL would center the overlap triangle. And it did.

In other words, one would think that to center the overlap triangle you’d be 104/104 and that 104/100 would slide the overlap triangle advanced.

But it didn’t do that. It centered the overlap triangle at 104/100.

Last edited:
Ok, here you go Rusty.

295/260 .535
309/274 .535
104/100

I forgot to run this through speedware.

I’ll do that now.

Edit: I ran the numbers through speedware. As I expected, that 104/100 LSA/ICL would center the overlap triangle. And it did.

In other words, one would think that to center the overlap triangle you’d be 104/104 and that 104/100 would slide the overlap triangle advanced.

But it didn’t do that. It centered the overlap triangle at 104/100.

Ok I’m not sure what you are asking me to run through PT now. What is the goal?

I wanted to see where peak torque and power happen with the numbers I posted for Rusty’s engine.

He said peak power at 6 so I made peak torque 4200.

I wanted to see how close it came.

Ok. I need to be sure I know which one of Rusty’s creations we are talking about. He has a few irons in the fire and I have modeled most of them.

Already did. @RustyRatRod do you have an image of the graphs I sent you? He was as close to 300 HP as I think you can get a NA slant with a factory (well worked head). He has enough compression to keep the low end torque up nice too. His cranking pressure is up there though.
Did you run it with the current camshaft grind I have coming? I don't think you did. It's going to be .495/[email protected] on a 108.

Ok. I need to be sure I know which one of Rusty’s creations we are talking about. He has a few irons in the fire and I have modeled most of them.
This one is the one that's on the stand I described above. The one with the closed chamber prototype head.

-
Back