AM Radio to AM FM Radio

-

APK

Reaction score
If I was to replace my AM Factory Radio in my 1972 Dodge Dart with a AM FM Factory Radio. Question...Does the AM FM Radio work with the same antenna as the AM Radio?

Is the bracket placement the same on the AM/FM as the AM or does some type of modification needed?

Same antenna and same bracket, as well as placement. Just did this upgrade to my 72 recently.......

Thanks 74DartSwinger360
Thanks 6pk2goDemon...
Where did you find your AM/FM Radio?
How did you access the old radio for removal and install the AM/FM, via the A/C duct?

I found the radio here on FABO. They come up 4-sale on occasion. Keep your eye on the classifieds...

I didn't have AC on my car when the radio was installed, but maybe one of the other members can help U with that question.

I took out the glove box liner and put it in that way. but have since changed back to an am and sold my am fm. Wish I hadnt but owell still lookin

The a/c vent assembly is just one more part to get out of the way. Afterwards you can remove the ash tray, then its hanger. The signal flasher is on the right side of that tray hanger. Easy enough to seperate it. Dont forget to put it back. Disconnect the lighter and lamp if present. How much hardware to remove from the radio varries a little from one model to the next. Once the radio is seperated from the bezel and dash, it will move toward the firewall and down. Disconnect its electrical and antenna.

Removing the bezel varries deom model to model and not necessary to remobe on some models.

-
Back