Amazing prices on used parts!

-
I have a 1988 daytona shelby z 2 2 turbo ll t top 5 speed car, and a uhaul truckload of nos and used parts. I'd like to find a buyer for all of it.

I remember my Daytona Z..... torque steer madness :lol:

Yes the CS is 400lbs lighter than your car same power plant

Yes the CS is 400lbs lighter than your car same power plant
Yep but less toys in it. Mine is loaded to the gills. (TTops, infinity ll cass, w slaved in CD player, roll back storage cover) sun sound shade package. power locks, power windows, power heated mirrors, tilt, cruise, A/C, trip nav, rear wiper, power drivers seat w thigh and lumbar and power seat wings, plus all the usual shelby ****.

I recently sold a set of shock plates on a want ad. $65 shipped. I had a member "barracudakid "contact me and ask how many I had. when I told him several He offered to buy them all stating he was getting low. I will not sell to known sellers on this site. To make money on other members parts is not helping this site.

I even had members come here for an item and want to buy all I had. Example, Disc proportion valve $30 and when he saw the box of them he wanted all. But no one wanted to buy me out when I wanted to sell it all at once.

I try and answer want ads. It places the part in the persons hand that needs it. After a while you get to know the others that answer want ads for the needy . Those are the ones I avoid selling to. There are times I see parts I sold relisted for double of what I sold it for within a week. This is their job not hobby. "got it"

There are times I don't know what a fair asking price is by the standards of what some are charging for similar parts. I think 1/2 of a new price is fair if the used part is like new.

Except for repop emblems they are softer and break very easy. so mint original chrome emblems or trim are priceless. I know how hard they are to find when needed. And also first hand on how easy repops break when going to use them. I have a very large collection and usually give to guys that come here if they have a car that needs them. I only hoard 71 Duster and Demon chrome. Well also 71-73 340 emblems.

I have a die cast cabinet upstairs in the garage next to the pool table. I had 340 emblems sitting on the roof of every 340 car. Someone came here for parts and asked to use the bathroom upstairs. They stole all the 340 emblems in the cabinet. I know who he is and he hasn't came back since or ever answered PM's. When friends found out they gave me some they had they didn't need.

Sometimes it pays to help others and give them a break on parts. You never know when you will need them for help. At 63 and cancer I realize life is getting shorter real quick. I cannot take it with me and my family has no clue of where some of this stuff was pulled from.

This site should be where all can come to get a helping hand on are A-body cars. It always has helped me over the years and there are some really great guys here. Keep it good and it will survive for the generations coming up. Best mopar site on the net in my view.

I agree w oldmanmopar on that. However i do sell parts on here to keep my part of the hobby going. Its not a full time business for me like some on here. I do it to be able to buy what i need. Sometimes i take the time to refurbish parts before listing them. I hit the junkyards a lot to get pieces i need for my projects, and to get stuff to sell to help pay for my trip. If i didnt do that, some of these parts would eventually be permanently out of circulation. Sometimes i come across stuff that needs less work to refurb for my projects than what i currently have, so i buy that needed part, and sell the one needing some more work. I have one project vehicle thats not parked at my house its at my friends place 15 miles away. It was until recently loaded up w spare parts for both cars. I cleaned it out, and seperated what i needed to keep, from what i didnt need to keep for both projects. Ended up with a lot of stuff either bought from people on fabo or out of the salvage yards. Problem with the offsite storage area was i kept forgetting what i had and didnt have, and didnt want to drive out there and dig through a trunk to see what all i needed or had every time i went hunting for parts. The good news is, a lot of what i got, the parts cars i got it from are now long gone, so at least it got saved.

I can tell you this, I would definitely be interested in a set of 8.75 shockplates for my sons 69 notch if your interested in selling. I have a ford 8.8 and U bolts to go under it but no shock plates. Was going to use the 2.50" shockplates from the 7.25 rear, and cut the end off with the shock stud then weld/graft it to the ford shock plates and go that route. I know my welds are good and will hold, but if i could find oem ones, and just enlarge the holes a little, i know that would be better than what i am planning. I bought the last pair of those out of my local junkyard for my 67 notch about 5 years ago. Still need 1 more pair for car #2

I never heard back from you on the 69 rallye dash tach i needed for my sons car awhile back.

Last edited:
Sometimes builds change mid stream as well when an idea changes, or a more correct part becomes available. I know thats happened with my loooog term evolving build. If its a part i can put towards my sons car, then great, if not, then back up for sale it goes. I have limited shop space, i cant keep it all.

The
I agree w oldmanmopar on that. However i do sell parts on here to keep my part of the hobby going. Its not a full time business for me like some on here. I do it to be able to buy what i need. Sometimes i take the time to refurbish parts before listing them. I hit the junkyards a lot to get pieces i need for my projects, and to get stuff to sell to help pay for my trip. If i didnt do that, some of these parts would eventually be permanently out of circulation. Sometimes i come across stuff that needs less work to refurb for my projects than what i currently have, so i buy that needed part, and sell the one needing some more work. I have one project vehicle thats not parked at my house its at my friends place 15 miles away. It was until recently loaded up w spare parts for both cars. I cleaned it out, and seperated what i needed to keep, from what i didnt need to keep for both projects. Ended up with a lot of stuff either bought from people on fabo or out of the salvage yards. Problem with the offsite storage area was i kept forgetting what i had and didnt have, and didnt want to drive out there and dig through a trunk to see what all i needed or had every time i went hunting for parts. The good news is, a lot of what i got, the parts cars i got it from are now long gone, so at least it got saved.

I can tell you this, I would definitely be interested in a set of 8.75 shockplates for my sons 69 notch if your interested in selling. I have a ford 8.8 and U bolts to go under it but no shock plates. Was going to use the 2.50" shockplates from the 7.25 rear, and cut the end off with the shock stud then weld/graft it to the ford shock plates and go that route. I know my welds are good and will hold, but if i could find oem ones, and just enlarge the holes a little, i know that would be better than what i am planning. I bought the last pair of those out of my local junkyard for my 67 notch about 5 years ago. Still need 1 more pair for car #2

I never heard back from you on the 69 rallye dash tach i needed for my sons car awhile back.
The tach is missing a plastic piece on the wire stud on the back of it. So I cannot guarantee works. Until I have time to copy the piece from a 71 Tach I cannot sell it. Steve

What ever happened to my America, back In the day we took care of each other, knowone ever charged someone 10 times what it’s worth.
If we had something we weren’t going to use we gave it to you with a smile, America got greedy, it’s the greed that’s killing this country, makes me sick to my stomach, greedy Bitches.
If you have something you know your not going to use charge them the shipping cost and pass it on.
Exception to this rule, if your in the business of selling used parts for a living.

What ever happened to my America, back In the day we took care of each other, knowone ever charged someone 10 times what it’s worth.
If we had something we weren’t going to use we gave it to you with a smile, America got greedy, it’s the greed that’s killing this country, makes me sick to my stomach, greedy Bitches.
If you have something you know your not going to use charge them the shipping cost and pass it on.
Exception to this rule, if your in the business of selling used parts for a living.

Thats all well and good, however raising 3 kids. 4th finally moved out, and running a household and saving for a decent retirement doesnt afford me that luxury of just giving parts away. I sell what i dont need. I try not to gouge on my prices. It helps me afford the parts i do need, and not touch my paycheck that is needed elsewhere. Sometimes i agree to pick up shipping on my end, or on a big package i will throw in extras for free that the buyer needs, help on shipping costs, or willing to work a deal if somebody asks to pay less than my asking price. I dont think that makes me greedy by doing parts sales to be able to buy what i need for my project and my sons future project, But some may think so.

Stories from a wrecking yard in Wyoming. All true.

I found a '69 Satellite that had perfect taillight housings, lenses and chrome. I thought I'd try and get them for a steal so I offered the owner $40. He actually shouted at me, "$40! I WOULDN'T GIVE $40 FOR THE WHOLE DAMN CAR! Gimme 5 bucks."

A week later I went back and got a 727 Loadflight trans for a pickup. The price? $40.

Next weekend we scrounged through the yard for a long time and came up with a few 8-3/4 limited slips, a fender for an '87 Shelby Z (I think I still have 3 '87's), a 9-1/4 rear end, hub-to-hub, with a limited slip and a pile of other things. When I asked the price he questioned me, "What did you pay for the transmission last week?" When I told him it was $40, he said, "Well, all that stuff is included in the price of the transmission."

He once told me that he had another 180 cars stashed in a field and when the ground dried enough he would take me out and I could get what I wanted at a good deal. I waited a few months and asked about the the cars. He said he had been out to the field and people had been sneaking out there and stealing parts, so he "moved the cars". When I asked what he meant by "moved the cars", he said, "I had them crushed!"

One day we drove to the yard, and for the first time there was a cable across the entrance. A man was sitting on the hood of a pickup and leaning against the windshield. He said the owner had a heart attack and was in the hospital recovering from surgery. A week later he died in the hospital.

Some months later we drove by and the scrappers were crushing and loading everything. We stopped and talked to them and they said just take whatever we wanted that day as it would all be gone by the weekend.

And then, hundreds of miles away, we found the wrecking yard that had never had a crusher in it! Ah, glory days! But things were a bit more expensive there.

Last edited:
Back in the 80's no one wanted Mopar except for a few local fellas who knew each other.(Well, in my area where I grew up anyway) You could still find the cars and get them for a fair price, and if you knew what you were doing get them running and drive them. Now, people who aren't Mopar guys are trying to flip the stuff like its a commodity market. If you pair that with the nonsense car flip/resto TV shows, there ya go... everyone is a couch expert on cars and values. I have parts laying around also, I have a 69 340 Block that has been sitting in my garage for years, am I giving it away? no. I always think about doing something with it, maybe a street engine that is borderline race or something like that I dunno, but right now, I'm glad I have it, and didn't pay $750.00 for it.

Back when I first got into the hobby, mid 80;s, I found a young farmer out in the sticksif Mo. He had a 69 runner complete but roller, he wanted gone and for $50 I bought it. Came with what he thought was a 3383 block, but no, a 361 ( junk back then!)... I sold the roller to a guy for $500 to fund my other projects. He parted it out. Yes back then it was a great body and complete.

About 5-6 years later, this same guy calls me up and wanted me to by out his entire collection. Consisted of all these parts, a perfect 69 runner roller, complete 383, 440, six pack set ups, tons of stuff. He had the car in his garage and the parts in his basement of is probably $400,000 home, His wife wanted it all gone. Price was like $1500!! Had to be gone by 6 pm!! Later I saw him on TV he was a high up FBI agent!

Yep but less toys in it. Mine is loaded to the gills. (TTops, infinity ll cass, w slaved in CD player, roll back storage cover) sun sound shade package. power locks, power windows, power heated mirrors, tilt, cruise, A/C, trip nav, rear wiper, power drivers seat w thigh and lumbar and power seat wings, plus all the usual shelby ****.
That was the whole idea of theCS all power no toys ! I ran it down the 1/4mile 60ft sucked but top end went through the traps 97 mph. Not bad for a 4cyl ,

-
Back