AMD 67-69 Barracuda quarter install

-

FM3 Dart

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of a 69 Barracuda that I installed new AMD full quarters on. Also installed AMD trunk floor extensions and rear valance. Could not be happier with the quality and fit of these panels. Absolutely beautiful panels. The quarters almost installed themselves. No body filler needed, except at the factory roof and rocker joints.
Quite possibly the best quarter panels I have ever installed.

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

My body guy said the same thing. Unfortunately, my project stalled at stage two.
11.jpg

C82DE7EE-FA74-475B-A5C1-181F3F3F5211.jpeg
B9AF11D8-8BB3-4C9C-A130-DEA960EE5241.jpeg
You guys are lucky! I had to chop the hell out of mine. But otherwise it fit very well. I have to do the other side still, and also have the valance. Definitely awesome parts

That look very familiar! My quarters are straight and nice now! Never knew there was that little body line on the the lower edge that follows the door till the new ones were installed. Looks great!

Great thread, thanks. I am very likely going to purchase this 68 tomorrow and will be going down the same path. It is supposed to be a dry rust free car. I will keep you posted.

00c0c_hbkxMb8IQn9_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_bViTUEYBDUb_600x450.jpg

00O0O_96AyRCR45dA_600x450.jpg

As a matter of fact, the AMD torsion bar crossmember, inner fenders and floor fit pretty well too. Of course some persuasion is necessary from time to time
576BD871-22D1-4C78-8843-856D6E8CBF8B.jpeg
ACA7AFC6-7789-4DEF-B025-EAE88F6B38D9.jpeg
99EAB492-A9DD-4AEA-8662-98518982DB55.jpeg

Here are a few pictures of a 69 Barracuda that I installed new AMD full quarters on. Also installed AMD trunk floor extensions and rear valance. Could not be happier with the quality and fit of these panels. Absolutely beautiful panels. The quarters almost installed themselves. No body filler needed, except at the factory roof and rocker joints.
Quite possibly the best quarter panels I have ever installed.

View attachment 1715226408

View attachment 1715226409

View attachment 1715226410

View attachment 1715226411

View attachment 1715226412

Looks awesome! I used goodmark because I just needed to do a lower patch and it was a pain.

Couple questions for you. The factory has the back lip of the quarter where it meets the rear valance flanged inward with the valance laying on the outside of it. Did they come flanged like that or did you flange them yourself or did you just overlap the valance without flanging?

Also is that B5 blue? Looks great!

You do awesome work, Ken.
Thanks for posting this!
Those cars look great in B7............

Looks awesome! I used goodmark because I just needed to do a lower patch and it was a pain.

Couple questions for you. The factory has the back lip of the quarter where it meets the rear valance flanged inward with the valance laying on the outside of it. Did they come flanged like that or did you flange them yourself or did you just overlap the valance without flanging?

Also is that B5 blue? Looks great!
It is B7 Jamaica Blue Poly. Yes, there is a flange for the valance to fit flush.

They come flanged
It is B7 Jamaica Blue Poly. Yes, there is a flange for the valance to fit flush.

I should have just paid the money for AMD. I wasn't able to flange the goodmark and had to just weld it up smooth in the back to keep it from looking goofy.

Color looks great and apparently I'm colorblind to boot :realcrazy:

34C2977A-C0D5-48FB-BA70-8B6EF4E4D0AB.jpeg
CB5C3516-B78E-4C5D-886C-4489CF4868DB.jpeg
Then a notchback panel should work?
Mine was a fastback panel I had to cut. Don’t think AMD makes one for our cars. I placed a piece of 1.5” painters tape on the body line on both. You need to cut the window fur part off of the AMD one and then anything to the back until which point you see the fastback truck lid curve. I chose to keep as much of the new panel as possible. When I get back to the shop tomorrow I can take picture of the passenger side I am currently working on. There is another thread I will link to, where the guy uses the goodmark panels on a vert. I used the ideas from there for mine. Again... Thanks guys

To use on a convertible, the upper fast back portion would need to be cut off. Cutting the panel down to where it folds over the top "catwalk".
How much do you get as far as the top of the quarter panel going over to the dutchman panel??? THX

-
Back