AMD Bumpers

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
Anybody buy or use AMD bumpers ,,,, specifically for 1969 Dart ?
How was the fit and finish ? Do you regret buying them ?
Thanks

Now this is here say but I heard they are chrome plated over the steel, No cooper + the holes are off for the bumper bolts and arn't square and I heard when you tighten down the bumper bolts the chrome cracks. Now I never used them Its just what I heard.

I put a rear one on my 69 Dart and love it. $300 shipped to the house.
If and when they come out with a front bumper, I plan to buy that one too.
Great part for a great price.

George

I bought both front and rear bumpers for my '68. The front one was a work of art, the rear was surprisingly wavy. The rear mounting bracket holes had to be ground a little bit for a level fit. I am just glad AMD is making us parts!

I bought two for my new 71 Duster. The back one had a mark in it. They had it picked up and replaced it free of charge, They are nice bumpers for the price. I will buy from them again. They are thinner and alot lighter but they are nice for the price if you need one. I like yhe fact that if you got a problem with one they replace it. I had another in 5 days and i live in Pa. It came from Florida. I bought them dirrect no middle man. I used the rear on my pictured Duster and will buy another for my resto project.

I put a rear one on my 69 Dart and love it. $300 shipped to the house.
If and when they come out with a front bumper, I plan to buy that one too.
Great part for a great price.

George

Hey George I need a rear bumper for my Dart any chance you could sneeak one across the boarder for me Buddy:D

I just wanted to make sure prior to taking the plunge .. i heard they were a nice piece .......

George they make front and rear ...
I bought the rear one about a year ago, and at that time, the front was about 3 months away from production per AMD. I tried in late summer to buy a front, but was told they weren't yet being produced.
Glad to hear it is now available. I'll check it out!
Thanks!!!

George

I went to the AMD site to check out the Dart front bumper. It IS listed, but the picture shows a 67-9 Barracuda front bumper.
I sent an email to them to see WTF is up with dat!

:D

word is your better off to rechrome if you have decent cores ,the repops don't last like a proper rechrome of an oe bumper and the price is the same

my rear got spider webs cracks around one of the bolt holes after tightening. they sent a replacement pronto and I re-mounted with a couple pieces of dynamat stuck around the holes to make a softer contact point to the mounts. no probs with the replacement and their customer service is very good.

THANKS to all replies !..... and there is a price difference between repops and rechromed .... i was informed by a plater here in Mich. ,,,, i called him and he still used nickel , copper , process ... his show bumpers are equivalent to driver bumper quality and he charges 500 + any major work needed...
Since i have good bumpers to start ... wondering if the extra 200 each bumper was worth it ....
From the replies it sounds like it is hit or miss on chrome finish ... also sounds like they are not as thick ( spidering chrome when mounting )....
Again thanks to all ....

Usually the cause of the chrome "cracking" when you tighten the bolts down is either bent/misadjusted mounting brackets that stress the bumper as the bolts are tightened.

Last 69 Dart I restored, I was into 2 bumpers for over $1000.00. With these new AMD bumpers, you can buy 2, shipped to your house for less than $600.00.
No brainer for me!

George

Sat am there is a MOPAR swat meet here in Michigan ... Roseville Chry is going to be there and i will check them out ...

Call around there is more than 1 plater in Michigan there were 3 in the Lansing area when I lived there 10 years ago. I paid $450 each here in Canada you should be able to do better than that in Michigan.

Call around there is more than 1 plater in Michigan there were 3 in the Lansing area when I lived there 10 years ago. I paid $450 each here in Canada you should be able to do better than that in Michigan.

Is it true there made in China? I ask because there is a guy on kijiji neer me who said that.

i got 70 bumpers for my 72 duster i didnt want jack slots i am happy

Is it true there made in China? I ask because there is a guy on kijiji neer me who said that.
I don't know I rechromed my origionals , I was scared off by the guys on here who said they were lightwieght pieces with chrome issues so why pay the freight on something that isn't going to last ? my origionals lasted 40 years with no rust so they should last the rest of my life I hope

Just got a new AMD front bumper for my 67 dart I was a bit leery because of the mixed reviews. I would say for the 280 I got it for off of ebay it was worth it. Very straight and lines up pretty well. Chrome isn't show quality but you have to look really close to notice.
Over all a good piece. I am having my rear bumper rechromed and that is costing me around 450 since they don't make them for the 67's.

I decided to get my rechromed ... BOY OH BOY ... did they turn out nice... i will post pictures this weekend ....

-
Back