AMD bumpers

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Thinking of geting an AMD bumper for the Dart,rear bumper this spring after thingssss pick up:cheers:So who has got one now how do u like it,howes the fit,also could u pop a pic of the finish please looking for some info.There is a place in Quebec canada that can get me one from AMD for 389 canadian dollars,taxes and shipping for that price,sounds very good to me .Thanks guys and gals.

Anyone out there have experience with the '69 Dart AMD bumpers?

I too am looking to buy a front bumper for my Dart and would really like to hear from anyone out there who has bought one and how they fit and look.

bought one in carlisle last year for my 69 rr.
very good quality.

At yhis time I should not of but got out the charge card:roll: and ordered one so when It comessss in I will up a pic of this bumper.

heres 1

Attachments

• Picture 080.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 792
  • Picture 081.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 750
heres my rear bumper ( AMD)

Attachments

• Picture%20012%20(Medium)%20(7).jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 763
What about just having yours rechromed? I could be wrong but I would be surprised if those new bumpers where anywhere close to the quality of oem. But they do look nice..

What about just having yours rechromed? I could be wrong but I would be surprised if those new bumpers where anywhere close to the quality of oem. But they do look nice..

Thought about that and called some rechromers around here,and they say 500 and up depends,and I know how they play out.

I'v had bumpers rechromed, and the back side of them is still all pitted and looks terrible, and after a couple years the chrome stated flaking off. ( I won't mention the well known place that did them, and would not stand behind them) These AMD bumpers are really nice for the money. ( 299.00)

The ones on my cuda appear are every bit the oem bumpers in thickness and weight. Is the chrome premium? I think probably not, but I also got a good solid pair that look awesome and fit perfectly for the price of one rechrome.

It makes me wonder why the AMD ones are so good and more inexpensive than rechroming an original?
Is it that the rechromers are bending us over the barrel, or are the AMD ones just a lot cheaper to reproduce in volume?
For my money, it would definitely be AMD, and it's new!

For $500 for rechrome I would definitely go with amd. The price here is $285 a bumper and the quality is top notch. Seems like some places feel the need to rape people..

The last couple bumpers I bought from AMD were for Cuda/Challenger, and I wasn't happy. Fit was ok but the chrome was very wavy and not show quality by any stretch. Maybe the quality is better on the A body pieces?

I think most bumpers we take to get chromed are dented, rusted, twisted and they need to be stripped and repaired before the chrome process begins. Perfect cores aren't easy to come by these days. Weight that against someone with a mold, fresh metal and a proper facility they can be mass produced much quicker thus cheaper.

I think most bumpers we take to get chromed are dented, rusted, twisted and they need to be stripped and repaired before the chrome process begins. Perfect cores aren't easy to come by these days. Weight that against someone with a mold, fresh metal and a proper facility they can be mass produced much quicker thus cheaper.

Well said.

The last couple bumpers I bought from AMD were for Cuda/Challenger, and I wasn't happy. Fit was ok but the chrome was very wavy and not show quality by any stretch. Maybe the quality is better on the A body pieces?

thats because abodys are better than ebodys

Something that you should find out when you have bumpers rechromed,is whether or not they are "SHOW CHROME" which is a 3 step process,Copper,Nickel and Chrome !! Anything less than that and you can be sure the Bling will not be for long !! I purchased a set of "Cores" and didn't know about the Show Chrome process,and within a couple of years they started flaking !!! I used a local company ALERT BUMPERS in Largo, and I was sooo pissed when I found out they wouldn't warranty them !! Was going to buy a set off Ebay,but after asking the question about the 3 stage,the seller wasn't happy when I told him MY experience with just a 2 stage !! SO,BEWARE !!

I bought a rear bumper for my 71 Demon from Tri-City plating.
Beautiful bumper.

Attachments

• 1971 Demon 012.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 661
  • 1971 Demon 011.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 631
  • 058.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 641
  • 066.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 630
-
Back