AMD no longer offering reproduction valve covers

-
They probably have a huge stockpile of them yet to sell though....they made 70-71 340 covers too

I ordered an AMD windshield from a Camaro resto place in Houston as it saved me lots on shipping. They have been in business 30 odd years.I asked him whats up with AMD and bout all he would say, he can't even get a timely shipment of Camaro parts, for sure one of the most restored vehicles in America.
I get pm's all the time telling me about some new Ford part they are repoping!!! Who has a Ford but RRR!!??? ha

I had two sets of valve covers on order from them for over a year. I gave up and found some used ones. Finished both cars and have moved on. I waited three months for a 1972 left side "A" body quarter panel... never did get it. I got a Goodmark from someone in New Jesery. It was a 1970 stamping so I had to cut out the marker lamp and make it fit. More work and cutting a new panel to make a light correct is BS but what ever. I did get the complete rockers from them for the "A" body and they were awesome, but I gave up. I have never been able to get parts from them in any good about of time. This was about 3 years ago before all the Covid-19 **** hit. So yea, maybe they have or HAD good parts but damn sure hard to get them. Now with the USPS shipping mess... well, good luck

I get pm's all the time telling me about some new Ford part they are repoping!!! Who has a Ford but RRR!!??? ha
I have a friend who had a 70 Torino Cobra restored and the shop had it 7-8 yrs. Repro quarters were not being made but I found him somewhat crude skins on eBay which his shop was able to use with a lot of work. My point is that apparently AND is releasing Fairlane/Torino parts while decreasing a-body stuff. WTH? They already have the a-body tooling and just need to make another run. They're also releasing a LOT of stuff for 70s GM trucks. I seem to remember that AMD seemed to be Mopar only when they started but now they're abandoning us? Oh, except for E and B bodies. Bottom line, there are more Chevy owners than us.

Maybe we need to flood AMD with part requests and they'll restock. But I know across the industry Mopar A body owners are considered cheapskates. Several vendors have told me so. If you want to play you gotta pay.

Another thing is they may have been hit hard by the foreign trade tariffs Trump put into place. For sure Sleepy Joe will eliminate them which may lead to parts again.

-
Back