AMD repop window trim.

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
Auto Metal Direct is making the stainless window trim for our darts now. front set is $250. ready to pull the trigger and order a set but am worried about the fitment. anyone have first hand experience with the fit? I have an original set but its in need of some work. at least 12 hrs of straightening and polishing. Id rather just buy a new set and pop it on and be done.

$T2eC16NHJHIFFhjkUZ-OBRwM8YDkEQ%7E%7E60_3.JPG

In my opinion... The OEM front window trim for A-bodies in excellent condition is still too readily available.
There's just too many variations of rear window trim so I don't expect the aftermarket to go there unless the funds come from the sales of the front window trim. Even if...
Which one of the rear window trims they would repop first is anyone's guess.

In my opinion... The OEM front window trim for A-bodies in excellent condition is still too readily available.
There's just too many variations of rear window trim so I don't expect the aftermarket to go there unless the funds come from the sales of the front window trim. Even if...
Which one of the rear window trims they would repop first is anyone's guess.

AMD makes the rear window trim for 67-76 darts already. they do the 2nd gen cuda trim too.

I am with REDFISH on this one , availability is still there , and good trim .I sanded and polished alot and put it away looks great.

I have not herd any good things about the trim. I do Know one AMD dealer will not sell the trim, to many issues. Exactly what trim I do not know. I would make sure before you buy them that they fit.

One thing about good, used OEM parts....... You know they have fit on a car before, so they will probably fit on your car too.

I never buy reproduction anything unless that's all that's available.

I can say that the replacement trim clips clips suck....

I ordered my trim clips from a place called 521 restorations. they are online. the ones i got from them worked very well and they came with the correct screws that have the little blob of sealant on the end.

I ordered my trim clips from a place called 521 restorations. they are online. the ones i got from them worked very well and they came with the correct screws that have the little blob of sealant on the end.

I don't remember where the first batch of clips that were used on my car came from. When the car was being moved around once the trim had just about came off the car. Luckily my friend/body guy has a buddy that has been doing this stuff since the beginning of time......Joe had a few bags of NOS clips that were used on our car......

-
Back