AMD trunk extensions too long

-

1MeanA

Reaction score
So I start to fit the trunk extension and I see they are over a 1 inch too long. The vendor, RPM in Saskatoon, lists these as 67-76 A body. I see that AMD lists 2 different trunk extensions, one for 67-69 and 70-74. I think I got the wrong ones!

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

dart. scamps, valiants are one style 67-69 then 70+

barracuda 67-69

duster demon dart sport 70-74 are different.

go check amd site is my suggestion for part numbers you got

you have a 67-69 asnd got 70+ by chance

Last edited:
I've never had much luck with RPM
I've got my fingers crossed that they will sort this out fairly. However, my history with them says it will be a problem. I just checked their reviews.....its not just me having issues. Going back 15 years they twice stuck me with parts that are incorrect. A few weeks back they sent me a fender that I didn't order. We will see if I get a full credit. They were supposed to get back to me with delivery and didn't. I never received an order confirmation or back order notice with my initial order and had no idea they were going to ship. They don't send order confirmations or even have an email address let alone online ordering or pics of their parts. I have a $4k order for Classic Industries ready to go.

You lose anyway because of shipping. I experienced all the same things you mentioned. Only good experience with them was when they were at a car show with parts that I could actually see and leave with...lol

Yeah I should have read my old posts from 10 years ago before I placed my order :) The only reason I ordered is because AMD doesn't ship to Canada.

Yeah I should have read my old posts from 10 years ago before I placed my order :) The only reason I ordered is because AMD doesn't ship to Canada.
You can buy AMD from Nigel ( National Moparts) here in Ontario to skip the boarder BS...

They have a dealer locater tab on their website. There is quite a few listed in alberta

Looks like there are a few in Alberta.
Sorry it's a bit blurry looks like Classic performance,Kustom king parts and Larry's cars and parts .

Screenshot_20221119_183014_Chrome.jpg

We will see what RPM says on Monday although I assume they don't have the correct ones. I don't believe anyone else stocks much Mopar stuff except National Moparts but they are more expensive than just importing them myself (and then I have to pay shipping from Ontario on top) which is pretty typical up here if you are looking for anything more than $200.

Summit and Jegs both sell those parts.
Good idea. Shipping at Summit is $100 USD but I that is the way things are these days. In fact I see Classic Industries has them so I could add it to my $4500 basket :eek:. I'm waiting to see if there is a Black Friday sale. Its not like there isn't a 100 other things I can work on right now.

so is the only issue that they are too long front to back? (better than too short!) is the profile of the stamping the same other wise? It might be less expensive to cut and reshape what you have to fit...

The profile at the end is a little different and the harness clips are in the wrong spot. I'm not sure if there are any other differences (mine are in rough shape so its hard to compare) but for $230 ea I want them to be right.

Don't deal with RPM.
They are a bunch of a-holes and always have been.
And to top it all off, their prices are crazy.
Basically, they are Canada's version of Year One using the same catalog as they do with the prices doubled or more.
And their customer service is the *****.
I can't believe that they are still in business...

Talked to Brian this am and he acknowledged the issue after looking at the AMD site. Its a start.

So after 2 days Brian has not called me back as promised (twice) and has not provided an eta on the correct parts. I called again and he seemed to barely remember what I wanted and said to ship the parts back. I am doubtful I well get a credit without another big hassle. It wouldn't be the first time I have sent an incorrect part back to RPM and not got a credit. I also have been waiting for a credit for a month on a fender he shipped me for some reason. I never ordered it. I guess I will take it up with Visa and see if they can help. Anybody want to buy some 69 fender extensions? :)

ps checked his Google reviews....its not just me

Last time they sent me the wrong parts I didn't even try to return them...If I have to eat double shipping I might as well just keep the part

-
Back