Amd

-

ibleedmoparts

Reaction score
So my wife bought me a one piece trunk floor for my dart from auto metal direct on Saturday...I got the invoice today to confirm payment and a $299 trunk floor was $450!!! They put a $150 freight charge on there my wife either didn't see on the original bill, it said $299 paid for...so at a loss for words ill say it...she flipped **** today about how the extra charge was added etc etc...how can a company not include shipping etc etc...long story short she's pissed...WHEW had to vent cause i caught the brunt of that today, lol...thanks for listening FABO!!!

Not that I was doubting you, but I went on their site as a test and went through the motions of placing an order. There is a statement there that says that shipping will be determined on completion of order, meaning they don't give you the shipping charges until after you have entered your credit card info. That seems really odd to me and I'm sure that it could lead to problems if someone confirms their order without checking the total amount billed. If they were to quote shipping up front, I'll bet they'd have a lot fewer customer service issues. i don't think that they're being dishonest, just unclear.

what kind of crap is that!?! They know the size, weight and boxing of their product, all you should have to produce is your delivery address for them to compute the shipping charges. Sounds like doo doo to me...

Every boby pulls that **** on big parts, they call it truck freight, the price of doing business.

most everyone tells you before they do it, AMD charged me and that was that...no complaining, just venting

If they let you know before the sale it may cause a few people to cancel the order. But if they post it after its shipped then more people will keep it. They really need to be more up front about it.

mancini is the same way. i thought i was getting a great deal on xhd springs from them. then they slapped a 100 dollar shipping charger after i placed the order. i guess you have to call to get a quote. i didnt notice the charger untill i looked at my receipt when they came in.

Sounds like BS to me. They are the mfg, so they pkg it and know size etc, so they should be able to give you a price! You save $$ by buying from an AMD dealer. Sorry to hear this.

man i was sorry to hear it too, my wife put the kabosh on AMD form now on..

They are the best around for steel replacement. If you need anymore just get it from an amd dealer close to you. Pick the next pieces up or have it del'd to your work so the wifey dont know it came from amd

-
Back