American Powertrain Hydraulic Throwout Bearing Kit Questions

-

Reddartowner

UCF Alumni....Go Knights!
Reaction score
We have purchased an American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing kit to install when we convert my son's '68 Dart from 727 auto to 833 4-speed. Anyone have any pictures of this kit installed ? How far down on the clutch pedal should we mount the master cylinder ? I've seen other threads that say 2-3/8 inches. Any recommendations, do's or don'ts from anyone who's already done this..??

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

In members restorations, look through Rapom's build thread. I think he put it at 2". Also a couple months ago there was a write up in hot rod about how to figure the distance based on master cylinder size and the pressure required to depress it. I'll see if I can find that.

I used A hydraulic release bearing from Powertrain Tech which is basically the same bearing. I placed my master cylinder pushrod about 1 1/2 inches from the clutch pedal pivot. I'm using a 1" bore clutch master cylinder. Here's a pic of of where I welded a spacer to meet the master cylinder pushrod. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 261
In members restorations, look through Rapom's build thread. I think he put it at 2". Also a couple months ago there was a write up in hot rod about how to figure the distance based on master cylinder size and the pressure required to depress it. I'll see if I can find that.

Haven't been able to find that issue, sorry. Still, you should be in the ballpark.

-
Back