American Racing Outlaw ii Rims

-
Here is how you measure the bolt pattern

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoBoltPatterns.do

I ran draglites once upon a time.

It seems from what I can tell that you like the circular hole style wheels? THey work ok on your car because your car is rounder compared to a Dart or valiant.

Below is a picture of Draglites on my old car.

Below that is a picture of Draglites in black.. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: love these...

View attachment 1714981591

View attachment 1714981592

View attachment 1714981593

View attachment 1714981594

Sweet!! I like the chrome ones. I will not be buying until spring most likely after I get it out of the garage.

View attachment 1714981030 Ok,

So have decided I want these rims.

https://m.summitracing.com/search/product-line/american-racing-ar62-silver-outlaw-ii-wheels

I think I would like 15" on all four I believe (right now there is 14" on the front and 15" on the rear). In general people usually go the same size all the way around?

I just don't know how to determine the width or bolt pattern.

I want the biggest tires on back as possible and thinner ones up front.

Any help would be great.
you know - a lot of people go out of their way to get the look you already have... I also have to say this and I know I am probably get blasted for it - those Outlaw II wheels are so truck style..
Anyway - you gotta decide on the look you want and what you'll be mostly doing with the car before deciding on wheels and tires - either the drag race look - typically "bigs-n-littles" - wider wheels and tires in the back with skinnier ones up front. Or the street carver look - typically close to "same same" - wheels and tires are essentially the same size front and back with a slightly bigger tire on the back being a nice variation to this... (essentially what you have going already) of course you can vary these "formulas" but they really are the two basic starting points... again though, what's wrong with the current set up? I like the semi-same same tire on Mopar rallye wheels look...

you know - a lot of people go out of their way to get the look you already have... I also have to say this and I know I am probably get blasted for it - those Outlaw II wheels are so truck style..
Anyway - you gotta decide on the look you want and what you'll be mostly doing with the car before deciding on wheels and tires - either the drag race look - typically "bigs-n-littles" - wider wheels and tires in the back with skinnier ones up front. Or the street carver look - typically close to "same same" - wheels and tires are essentially the same size front and back with a slightly bigger tire on the back being a nice variation to this... (essentially what you have going already) of course you can vary these "formulas" but they really are the two basic starting points... again though, what's wrong with the current set up? I like the semi-same same tire on Mopar rallye wheels look...
Hey! Thanks for your input. I find the current rims look cheap, personally. I think new draglines would look amazing.

Do you find the weld draglites look "truck style" as well?

IMG_0793.PNG
Like I said. I also like these weld rims. Less truck like.

Here is how you measure the bolt pattern

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoBoltPatterns.do

I ran draglites once upon a time.

It seems from what I can tell that you like the circular hole style wheels? THey work ok on your car because your car is rounder compared to a Dart or valiant.

Below is a picture of Draglites on my old car.

Below that is a picture of Draglites in black.. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: love these...

View attachment 1714981591

View attachment 1714981592

View attachment 1714981593

View attachment 1714981594
I love those black draglites. However I want 17s. Was the plan anyway.
Some people say the draglites are to "truck" looking right? Or am I confused with another rim?

I love those black draglites. However I want 17s. Was the plan anyway.
Some people say the draglites are to "truck" looking right? Or am I confused with another rim?

yes, you are confused
(though it is easy to see how, they aver very similar)
i think the big factor is the cragars are steel, while the welds are aluminum

I've always thought it looked like you're trying too hard (to be cool) when you paint wheels black.. and if it's not done exactly right, it really does look tacky. To each his own of course, but the Mopar ralley wheels are what they are and just look kinda off painted. The Cragar Soft 8 is a no - unless you want your Duster to look like a truck. The 365 V-5 isn't too bad, but they're steel, which equals heavy. Nothing makes a bigger statement than a nice set of wheels, don't compromise or cheap out on them.. save the bucks up and buy the ones you want the first time.
You have a nice car, treat it right and put some nice wheels and tires on it!

but having said that
so what?

until people start making donations to your carfund, their opinion is just that, an opinion
it would be smart to listen to them, but in the end, its your quarter, spend it however you want

Those are nice. I'd bet he'd take an even G for them no problem.

-
Back